Saturday, February 28, 2009



Last weekend was a full for me. My sister Jen went to the hospital Saturday morning. She had a kidney infection plus was having labor pains. Her due date wasn't until the last of March but the Dr had told us that we would have a Feb. baby. After sitting at the hospital all that day, Sam(my neice) and I decided to go on to the rodeo. We was only going to be about 20 minutes from the hospital. Jen and I talked about it and she figured it would help Sam to go run. So.....off to the rodeo we go. I ran before Sam and had a good run going until I came upon the 3rd barrel. Yup, we busted it. I knew the moment I dropped my hand we had it hit it. I was trying to pick her shoulder up and push her off it but no good. I knew then that we had a 5 second penality added to our time. I ended up running a 15.5 plus 5. Sam ran a couple of runners behind me. Let me tell ya, that lil gal smoked my tail. I'm so proud of my neice. For her to be only 13, she can ride the hair off a horse. Sam and I kept a check on Jen while we was at the rodeo. Sunday morning rolled around and still no baby. The Dr. told us he wasn't going to stop her labor but he wasn't going to hurry it up either. Then the results came back from her urine test. She had protein in it. The Dr. then told us we would have a baby Monday. We all done alot of praying for Jen and the lil one. We knew that she was going to be a premie. At 5 am Monday morning Jen's labor got started real good. I got to the hospital about 7:30. And then we sat and waited. Waited some more...... and we waited some more...........and then there was some more waiting.................

3 comments:

ancient one said...

No fair... leaving us hanging like that... are you sill waiting?

Kim Campbell said...

Hey! No fair!!!!

Andrea said...

What a great run!! well plus five, but your niece!! DANG!! Girl, for 13 that is awesome. Fun rodeo. We have one on the 15th. I am hoping to get the guts to ride barrels by this summer. But we will see. I get so nervous going so fast!!