Sunday, March 1, 2009

Introducing.........MONKEY TOES......


After we sat and waited all day at the hospital, finally at 4:15 Jen was ready to push. Our younger sister Teisha was going to be in there with Jen but when it got time for the action to start, she changed her mind. I was standing out in the hallway, Jen's door open, and out came Teisha with her coat in one hand and her purse in the other hauling tail out of there. She didn't slack up when she passed me and told me to get in there she couldn't handle it. Weell......I didn't let any grass grow under my feet, I went! AFter 3 pushes the nurses was looking for the doctor. When the doctor came in the room he told Jen to breath thru it and in just a min we would have a baby. I looked up at the t.v. and yup, Cowgirls don't cry was on. Where was I standing, you ask? Now, that's a dumb question, just where do you think I was? Your right, I was down there with all the action. When she came into this world Jen asked me was she okay, I looked at Jen and told her yes and it was Monkey Toes!!!!! I wanted to put my hands on her soo bad but Sam( the big sister) wanted to be the first so Aunie just had to wait. After they got her cleaned up and Jen tended to, I went to the door and got Barry(Jen's hubby(he passes out at the sigh of blood) and Sam. The nurse laid the baby in Sam's arms and that's when my heart busted. I finally got my hands on her and yes, I did whisper in her ear for only her and God to hear. Then I sang Happy Birthday. Why even Jon Brandon was there and he was the next in line to hold her. My lil soldier boy broke down crying for he was soo scared he was going to miss seeing this lil one for he was leaving out two days later.
Oh, you want to know her name and all that other stuff?. Sorry, I have done dubbed her as Monkey Toes but I will tell ya what's on her birth certificate. Let's see....... what is her name............ Oh, Karley Jo a.k.a MONKEY TOES. She weighed in a 7lb 3 oz. Just think how big she would have been if she had made it to the end of March.
Monkey Toes and Mom is doing just great, they came home late Wednesday night and so far making it just fine. I haven't been over to see Monkey Toes for I have had the crud but just as soon as I'm over this, I'm going to get in some rocking time. Yea, I'm anxious to get in some bonding time with Monkey Toes.
OH Monkey Toes, Oh Monkey toes, how I love thee soo..............

12 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Congratulations to your sister Jenn and her husband, and to you, Auntie Laura, on the birth of Karley Jo! And how great that Jon Brandon was able to be there. Sounds like "Monkey Toes" got a proper welcome to the world! God bless her and her whole family.

Hugs,

Renie

ancient one said...

Yay...A little girl! How wonderful...Karley Jo is a pretty name...I just love babies!

Andrea said...

Oh Congrats!! She is super adorable!! I love her nickname!! Too cute. She is lucky to have an Aunie like you!!

Aunt Jenny said...

Oh how sweet...and so fun that you got to be right there!! She is so lucky to have you for an aunt!! I hope you get to spend all sorts of time with her!!!Congrats to you all!

Carol............. said...

Happy Birthday, Karley Joe!

Karen H. said...

Good Evenin Laura,
"CONGRATULATION'S on the birth of your neice . She is a cutiepie qnd I like the name Monkey Toes. I miss mine being b aabies at times. I have started back poating again and if you can and ha ve time, drop by qnd see what has ebeen going on with me. I also have some pics of our girls in the Snow we got Sauturday. Tqke care my friend and hope to hear from you soon.

LOve,
Karen H.

Unknown said...

Congrats to your sister!! And Yay! Welcome another cowgirl to the world!!

Small City Scenes said...

Congrats on the new baby. glad your sis and MT are doing well.

Just dropped in to say Hey!!

Kylee is busy with rodeo season starting up. she went to whidbey Island last week and turned some good times. she is doin HighSchool Rodeo this year and Jr. rodeo. We are down to 3 horses and my two minis . I just got 2 fiber goats, Pygoras. Now that will keep me busy.
Kylee got another horse--She named him Macaroni--first gelding ion the place for quite a while. Well maybe not--the minis are boys but I never count them as horses. Duh!!!

Take care. MB

BClark said...

Big welcome to Monkey Toes, man she is just going to bop you when she gets older. You know that name is going to stick with her until she is 80. Love It!!

Congratulations to all concerned, so glad everyone is healthy and happy.

Sorry about your crud and and the boo boo with the races. I know you had fun anyway. I envy you being able to do all that. I need a rocking chair horse,lol. No barrel racing for this granny!!

Mississippi Songbird said...

Awww, Congratulations on the new family member. Aren't they so precious! I hope you are enjoying the weather.. I just want the rain to stop for a few more day and the sun to come out. I'm so ready for Spring.. Bunches of hugs....

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Laura,
I wanted to drop by and wish you a "HAPPY St. PATRICK'S DAY"!!!! Hope things are going well for you and yours this week. How is that new baby doing?They grow like a weed. Take care my friend and have a great day. May GOD BLess you and yours.
Love,
Karen H.

BClark said...

Hi Laura, just wanted to drop by and say HI!! I put some pictures of the girls on the blog. I know you are having fun with your rodeo and Monkey Toes. Be well