Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm still alive or so I think I am.........

This is a photo of me, my neice Sam, and her Dad Chris(who is my ex brother-in-law). This was taken the other night at the rodeo at Ashland. Sam rodeos with me and let me tell ya, that lil gal can ride.lol Chris trains horses and has helped me a great deal with Dass and is working now with my bay mare Jazz.
I want to thank each and everyone of you for your prayers and well-wishes. I'm finally getting back on track. Jon Brandon came home Saturday for 30 days and then it's back to where he will be protecting our freedom. He went the other day and got his 'meat tags'. It's his dog tags with all his info tattooed on his rib cage. I'm fixing to get me another one. It's gonna be a cross and I'm having it put on my shoulder. Now don't worry it's not going to be huge, probably more like 2 inches or smaller. I have been wanting something done before JB left out. Jb and me talked about different things for me to get, I wanted his calvary swords but he said what if he changed to something else and there I would be with the swords. So....we decided to do the cross. Faith is what has gotten me this far and faith will continue on carrying me and JB thru this time. There is one thing about my tattoos, they are covered up, and what I wear no one can see them. It's just something personal for me. I was without internet for awhile. I changed from dail-up to DSL. Man, I am loving this new DSL. It doesn't take 30 minutes to download just one picture.lol I'm going to try today to get to your blogs but if time doesn't allow me, I will be there in the morning. I have a rodeo tonight here in my home town. It's our annual PCA rodeo. I'm running that crazy app, and just hoping that she doesn't run up the wall with me on that first barrel. We have been having trouble with her doing that here lately. JB is going to be there to help support me and I'm excited to just be able to hear him hollar when I come thru the gate. When I come thru that gate, alot of times the world just shuts down for me. The only thing I can hear is the beating of my heart and the beating of Dass's heart as they become one. There is only two people that I can hear during that time, It's Chris hollaring kick, kick, kick,......and JB hollaring for his Mama to go. So.....today will find me doing some housework, getting our clothes ready for tonight, getting Dass her bath, loading up and heading to the rodeo. Sam and I will be doing barrels, afterwards it will be time for the bull riding. I won't be able to see my 2 cowboys ride, but I will watch my soldier-cowboy pull the rope and help his brother-cowboy(Brian) get down on his bull and maybe hopefully ride for 8 seconds and bring home a check. Once again, my family is complete, each and everyone of us back at the rodeo, P-town better look out for 'the rodeo beaners' are back in town.

1 comment:

Renie Burghardt said...

Nice picture, Laura!

Hugs and blessings,

Renie