Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The poem below was written in mine and Dass's honor by one of my closest and dearest childhood friends, Don Belk. We grew up together , showed cows, judged animals and rode horses together. As we grew older we went our seperate ways each of us getting married and raising kids . Our kids are close to the same age and close friends. As we stood by and watch our kids enjoy each other's friendships and joined in the same projects in 4-H, it brought back wonderful memories of when we was their ages. Then one day my friend comes to me and tells me he is moving to Texas. Talk about walking around in a daze and actually loosing my best friend. There is one thing about it, it doesn't matter how many states or miles are between us, our hearts and friendship is still linked together. Don is a very talented in writting poems. His poems are about cowboys and animals and the impression that they have left on him. He also has a cd out that one can purchase and listen to his poems. Let me tell ya, it's worth the money. You can check out Don at http://www.donbelk.com . He even has a poem that you can listen to called ," Geldings and Mares". Please take a minute and check out Don's web .
My aunt has had some good days and some bad but I figure that is to be expected. I want to thank you all for your prayers and please continue to remember her she still has a long way to go. Tomorrow will be her birthday she and her twin will be 61.

1 comment:

Renie Burghardt said...

Laura,

Your friend Don wrote a funny poem about you and Dass. Sounds like you have a wonderful friendship, and it's so true about true friendship, one can be miles apart, but friends remain friends in their hearts, whether near or far. I will check out Don's web site.

Prayers for your dear Aunt will continue. A Happy Birthday to her for tomorrow. And best wishes to her, and many blessings on her special day and beyond.

Take care and have a good week.

Hugs and prayers,

Renie