Thursday, July 17, 2008

HOW ONE LIFE ENDS AND A NEW ONE BEGINS.......

My Mom's sister turned 61 yesterday and tonight we watched her take her savior's hand and be lead home. My Mom said that today when she was with her that she kept reaching up and Mom said she knew then that she was fixing to go home. It was heartbreaking knowing that she wasn't going to be able to be on this earth with us but a blessing knowing that she is at the Savior's knee. As our Pastor was praying with us, I opened my eyes and looked around the room. I hate to say it but I wasn't listening to his prayer. I was standing there thinking Aunt Martha may not physically be here with us but she was still with us. From her twin, to her sister my Mom, to her brother, then to her two daughters, to her granddaughter, to every neice and nephew that was there in that room. The blood that ran through her veins, also runs through each and everyone of us. It was hard thinking that no longer on Sunday mornings would I ever get that wake-up call to go to church, to hearing her hollar Laura Adeline!!!!, to call and see what was going on with the cops, to being able to hold her hand and take care of her when she was sick, but knowing that she is rocking my oldest sister and with my Grandparents and her husband now is a comforting thought. My family has been through alot of tough times here lately but one thing about it is, we are brought closer together and stronger and our faith has never slipped. Oh, sure we have questioned some things but we know that God doesn't put more on us than we can handle. Out of every situation there comes a purpose, a teaching, a learning, and a tighter hold on those we love our family and our faith. Just yesterday I learned that my sister Jennifer is going to have a baby. She is 36 and she only has one child who is 13( my neice that out runs me on barrels). I would like to think that maybe Aunt Martha or NaNa to some of us, thought that her time was up and she was just making room for the new little one. It's funny how one life ends and a new one begins.............................................................................

7 comments:

BClark said...

Oh, Sweety, you have such a wonderful mind and loving heart. So sorry about your Aunt, so glad you have such a close and wonderful family. Best to you, Barbara

Kim Campbell said...

I'm sorry for your loss hon.

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, Laura, I am so very sorry for your loss! May you and all her loved ones, find comfort in the Lord, during this sorrowful time. My condolances to all of you.

Prayers and Hugs,

Renie

PS. This was a beautiful tribute to your dear Aunt.

Aunt Jenny said...

Such a nice way to look at it..very positive and sweet. I am sure sorry for your loss..and congrats on the new little neice or nephew to come.
Have a great week!!!

Mississippi Songbird said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

Tina Leavy said...

oh Laura, so sorry to hear about your Aunt.
but I like how you wrote about her and remember her..it sounds like some very fond memories. I have missedyou and so sorry I haven't stopped by to say "hi" more often.
love and hugs, Tina

ancient one said...

I know you will miss your Aunt. But as you say she is well now and you will see her again. God is Good! So happy to hear of a new baby.

I have an award for you at:

http://everlastingmercy.blogspot.com/2008/07/sharing-love.html

come see..