Sunday, June 29, 2008

I HAVE CLOTHES TO WASH BUT..........

I stayed at the hospital Friday night with my Aunt. She didn't sleep any during the night she has her days and nights mixed up. She wants to hold your hand the whole time that you are there so I didn't get any sleep that night. I came home Saturday morning with the intentions of getting me some rest then getting up and washing clothes and cleaning house. Well, just about the time I was drifting off to lala land my hubby comes in and says he has 3 cows that are out, so up I get. We look and look and couldn't find them. Came back to house and started gathering up clothes then my cell phone goes off playing 'MAMA'S DON'T LET YOUR BABIES GROW UP TO BE COWBOYS....' I answer and my son wanted to know if I was at home and I said yes well he informs me that he is on is way to my house with hay for us to unload and put up. So the basket of clothes get throwed into the laundry room. We finish unloading and then my phone rings again, it's hubby. He has found tracks from the cows and needs help trying to locate them. I glance at the pile of clothes and tell ok but I have got to wash clothes asap. All of us head out looking for cows everyone going in different directions. After awhile we come back to house to refuel 4wheelers and I gather more clothes up to start washing and throw a load in washer, phone rings again, hubby again, he has found cows but needs help herding them into a neighbors pasture. I tell him okay but I have clothes to wash. It takes us a while to herd them but we do and I head back home with intentions to wash clothes. I throw the wet clothes in dryer and try to start another load in washer phone rings again. I answer yea what's your mainest problem now, don't you know I'm trying to wash clothes..... hubby got another project that he needs help on. So another load of clothes gets throwed into room and forgot about. I finally get back to house it's now after 9 I have had about 2 hours sleep since Friday morning and my tail is dragging and one can not get into laundry room for all the clothes. I take a look at the pile of clothes and think I have clothes to wash but........I'm going to bed

5 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Laura,

I hope you got some zzzz's finally! You need some rest, too. And I hope today, Sunday, has been a good day for you.

Sending well wishes and prayers your way.

Hugs and blessings,

Renie

BClark said...

Man, you are just the laziest thing!! I hope you finally got sleep and some clean clothes. Good for you being with your Aunt, she has to be so scared. I am glad you are there with a hand to hold.

Best to you, Barbara

ancient one said...

We all know how those clothes can pile up.. even when regular life is going on... I hope you got some rest...

Hope your Aunt gets better soon!

Mississippi Songbird said...

Praying for you and your Aunt and whole family.. Bunches of hugs.. Have a safe 4th of July!

Beemoosie said...

oh, get some well deserved rest, my friend!! I hope your aunt is doing well!!

Bonnie