Monday, June 9, 2008

Well, we finally pulled the horse show off. I had to be at the ag center by 6 that Saturday morning to help set everything up. I was beginning to get worried that no one was going to show but by 10:30 everybody started showing up. We had a great horse show along with an awesome auction. I know that everyone is feeling the squeeze of having a hard time with money right now but let me tell ya, those people were buying cakes and pies for well over $60.00. Some of the cakes and pies went for well over $100.00. The concession stand brought in a good amount of money. Everything that sold was donated, so nothing came out of our pockets for expenses. At the end of the day the total amount was right at $5,000.00. During the auction, the guy doing the auction made a comment about whenever there is a need that these horse people would be there for ya. Well, yea we are but I like to think it's the southern hospitality. It's what us southerns do, when someone is need, we all pull together. I guess it's something about living in a small town where everyone knows everyone's business.

5 comments:

BClark said...

Fantastic!! So glad your auction and show was such a success! I think that rather then horse people or southern people it is humanity. Having lived in so many places I have learned there is good and bad everywhere. I have had many helping hands exteded to me and try to return the favor where ever I am. Best to you , Barbara

Renie Burghardt said...

Laura,

That's just wonderful that folks made your benefit horse show such a success. You did a great deed! God bless you, and all the folks that were so generous to help this young boy,

Blessings,

Renie

ancient one said...

Congratulations on a successful benefit! It's not just horse people, but compassionate people in all walks of life, help out when there is a need. A good deed ... well done!

Mississippi Songbird said...

That is so wonderful. God bless you for helping him in this way.. Bunches of hugs....

Tina Leavy said...

so glad that the benefit auction and show went so well.