Friday, August 1, 2008

FUN FRIDAY......

Here is a couple of photos that was taken this past weekend at the rodeo here in Pontotoc, or as we know it, P-town. The first one is a picture of me and Cee Cee, where we are part of the flag-drill team. I am the first one in with the Army flag then Cee Cee comes in behind me carring the Air Force flag. When the chutes opened for me to come in, I came down the alleyway and out into the arena running backwards. Remember I ride barrel horses. I finally get the mare turned around and the announcer then said ,"Now that we are going in the right direction...." Was funny at the time. The next photo is a picture of me running barrels Saturday night. My cousin Amye took the photo. We are coming off the first barrel. It seems in nearly every photo of us coming off barrels we are in air. I had a good run. We left all 3 barrels standing and ran a 14.318. Which was an awesome time. We were just a couple slots out of the money. Oh well......

4 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Great pictures, Laura. You and Ce Ce are both beautiful! Congratulations on not knocking any barrels down. So much action, yet it's all great fun, I'm sure. I enjoyed reading about it, and seeing some of the photos.

Have a great weekend!

Blessings,

Renie

BClark said...

Hi Laura, nothing like making an entrance, so funny. That is one of those events that will become a family story. Remember when Mom came out of the chute backwards,lol. I always enjoy your stories of the rodeo, something I always wanted to do, but never got around to. I did drag race, does that count? Best to you and thank you for your visit. We are hotter today, 86 but with a breeze that helps some. Barbara

Aunt Jenny said...

How fun to see the pictures...the entrance sounds like something I would do for sure..only I would somehow fall or something too..haha
I love rodeo..and havn't been in too long. I plan to take the kids to the rodeo at our little county fair in a couple weeks....that will be something. I used to always go with my grandpa and wish I would have pursued that!!

Mississippi Songbird said...

You girls are beautiful and so talented! I wish I could ride like that... Great job.. I hope to see you one night at the Tippah County Fair..Good Luck!