Tuesday, August 5, 2008

JAZZINGITUPINTHEALLEYWAY


This is a picture that was taken Friday night at the rodeo. Here I'm riding my new mare Jazz. Her name is JAZZINGITUPINTHEALLEYWAY. She turned 3 in May. She is a beautiful little mare and already is showing wonderful signs in the barrels. I have just been doing some slow work with her but she catches on very quick. She is one of the biggest horses I have and she isn't through growing. A horse doesn't really stop growing until they are at least 5 or 6. She is going to be a huge horse. Sometimes it can get confusing when I'm calling the horses up for I have Dass and now a Jazz. Jazz has some very nice bloodlines, she is out of Blazing Hot and Zippo Pine Bar. She does have alot of pleasure in her but she is way too fast for pleasure. She is also very quick and will jump out from underneath you. I really have taken to this little mare. I just know it in my heart that she is the one that is going to keep taking me to the winners circle in barrel racing. I still have alot of work to do with her and I won't run her until she is atleast 5.

7 comments:

Patty said...

great picture!

Plowing and Sowing said...

Thanks for visiting. I have enjoyed reading about your horses. The ladies in my rodeo pictures are the Catalina Cowgirls. They are from Bryan/College Station. I hope you come back and visit. Take care.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hey Laura,

Jazz is a beautiful mare! Great picture of the two of you. I didn't know horses grow until they're 5 or 6, so I learned something from your post. Does Dass get a little jealous of Jazz?

Well, I enjoyed your post as usual. Have a great weekend!

Blessings,

Renie

ancient one said...

Hey.. I like her name.. That was funny in the post below about you coming in backwards. I've seen that happen..

Haven't been around for a while. Just wanted to come by and see how things are going for you..

BClark said...

Beautiful horse. When I come and read about all the fun you are having it brings out all my horse yearnings. I figure that there is a nice horse out there who needs a home to retire to. Of course I can't look until I can plant some pasture for her. Unlike the goats she is not going to like grazing on weeds. Thank you for sharing, pictures, fun and life.

Unknown said...

Just wanted to take a minute to check out your blog and say hi!

I love the barrel pics! I am secretly so jealous of you barrel gals - I think its so cool!

Well I am off to the show - have happy Friday!

Mississippi Songbird said...

I love horses, but am afraid of them. My daughter loves them..I wish I were not, but I am.. That's a beautiful mare.