Thursday, August 28, 2008

TO PROTECT AND SERVE......

I guess you all have been watching the weather and wondering where this new storm is going to hit. I know I have . Jon Brandon got the call yesterday to start getting his things together for it was time for him and his unit to go out to protect and serve. I don't really know at this time where he will be, it could be in Alabama, or here in Mississippi, or in LA, or even Texas. They pull out at 6 am in the morning headed out. I know he will be helping people evcuate, and patroling the streets. He will have stay before, during and after the storm. I have a favor to ask this of you if you are one of the ones in the path of this storm, if you see my child(his picture is on the right side) please listen to him, don't give him a hard time. He is only doing his job which is to help you and make sure that you and yours stay safe. He will be polite and show his true southern gentleman ways but if you push him, well, his mama comes out in him then. And we all know how I am.lol He will show you compassion and be understanding. And if you are one of the lucky ones to come face to face with my child, could you do me a great big favor? Would you please give him a hug and tell him I love him and I'm praying for him and each and everyone of you.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I will keep him in my prayers. We are counting the days until my brother comes home for a 2-week leave in late Sept. His tour in Iraq will end in January. I'm so proud of men like him and Brandon.

BClark said...

You and yours are in my prayers for sure. I do not believe people know or appreciate how much our guys do for them.
You give him a hug and my gratitude.

Tina Leavy said...

I'm sure your son will make his mama proud.

Renie Burghardt said...

Laura,

That Gustav looks like he is a mean one, for sure! I pray that all in this hurricane's path will stay safe. I'm sure Jon Brandon will be a perfect southern gentleman. Sometimes folks can lose their cool, when they're afraid and in danger. I know that from personal experience. But I know your son will do his best to protect and serve!

Take care and God bless!

Hugs,

Renie

ancient one said...

I'm not in the storm area at this time...we gotta' see which way Hannah's coming..I pray that all will go well for your son.