Thursday, August 21, 2008

SWEET CHILD OF MINE.....


This sweet child of mine turned 21 the other day. I often sit and wonder where did the days and years go. Why did he have to grow up? I watched him grow up and turned into one of the most responsible, handsome, caring, and loving man that he is today. When he was little he could tell you every kind of John Deere tractor there was. Then one day he was grown and driving those John Deere tractors, to climbing onto the back of those bucking bulls, to falling in love with the most beautiful red-head girl, to accepting the call to defend this country. He went from being Mama's little rug rat to being my best friend and now I'm proud to say, MY HERO. I'm blessed to have such a son as he is, this SWEET CHILD OF MINE.........................

8 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Happy Birthday to JD!!!

To say that his Momma is proud of him, is an understatement! :-)

God bless you and keep you safe and sound, JD! May all your birthday wishes and dreams come true.

Birthday Hugs,

Renie

PS. A sweet and touching tribute to your great son, Laura! Blessings to all of you!

Plowing and Sowing said...

That is great. Thanks for your comments. I know Will will be 21 before I know it. We love the John Deere tractors as well.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your son!!

What a fun day! And it sounds like your son turned out wonderfully, you are very lucky in that.

Also wanted to let you know that I think it really neat you took that pleasure bred mare and are allowing her to choose what she wants to do. So many people would try to make her be a pleasure horse...

She obviously likes to run and you are going to capitalize on that - good job!

BClark said...

Proud, nahhhh, not her!! You lucky thing to have such a great Mama. Mamma you make me cry with the love you have for your family. You are all blessed and I am blessed to know ya.

Mississippi Songbird said...

Happy Birthday to JD! Loved your blog.. Have a terrific weekend, and stay safe riding those horses...

Karen said...

You should be proud, he sounds like a very together young man. Nice blog you have here! I like John Wayne movies too:-) And I love your rodeo pics.

Train Wreck said...

Hello! I found you on "Copenhagen Kisses"
Congratulationg for raising such a great boy...Man! I can see why you are so proud!I admire anyone willing to serve our country!
I am on a drill team also, how fun to meet someone else doing the same! I don't barrel race, but I love to just let my horse run!

Tina Leavy said...

Happy Birthday to your guy.
and..you've been given a blog award.:)
stop by to see.