Sunday, November 30, 2008

I don't know what the problem is but I can't upload photos. Anyone else having this problem? Can someone enlightlen me on how to fix it? I've got some photos of this past week that I wanted to share with ya'll but blogger wants to be a bugger. The other day, all my family gathered at my Mom's to do our annual Christmas candy, cookies, and such baking. Oh my, some of gals was not your Betty Crocker or Paula Deen.lol We had a good time and really enjoyed the time that we spent with each other. This is going to be hard on my family during the holiday times for we are short one family member. My Aunt that passed away in July always loved our little family gatherings. Thanksgiving day found us again gathered at my Mom's house and we had a lot to be thankful for. As always we ate too much, chattered too loudly, and laughed alot. Then Friday morning found us getting up before the crack of dawn to hit the stores for some shopping. I made a big dent in my shopping, but still have some more to do. I got home at 5:30 that afternoon, feed, then took a bath and hit the sack. Saturday found me at a barrel race. I had a real good run on Dass, ran a 15.6 but was out of the money. I also ran two new horses that day. My neice, Sam, and her dad wanted me to run their horses. So I climbed on and away we went. I rode the gray mare, Sugar, first, nice little mare. Then I climbed on my neice's mare, Bea, talk about a power horse. We came off the first barrel looking good, I got a little confused on how to do the second barrel, so I caught it with my knee,OUCH, then heading to the third I sorta got the feel of the mare and we wrapped the third. Then she blew coming out. I believe I put on a performance for everyone riding that horse. Everytime we came off a barrel I would hollar.lol Not a scared hollar but like a surprise one. My neice had a hoot laughing at me. Glad I could perform for ya, Sam.
I'm going to keep trying to get the pictures downloaded. I just wished I was computer savvy. lol

6 comments:

Kim Campbell said...

Wish I could help ya out. I sometimes have problems too. But then it goes away?!
Hugs

BClark said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun getting together to bake. I never had that kind of experience.

You have just had too much fun this week, eating, shopping and barrel racing.

You mentioned Paula Deen, I think she is such a hoot. I love that she has done so well for herself. She is sure a self made woman.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hey Laura,

Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving and getting together to bake sounds like a lot of fun. And then you added some excitement with the barrel racing.

Wish I could help with uploading photos. Sometimes, it is just a bugger with blogger, and it doesn't want to cooperate. I've had that experience. Try again later and see if it works this time.

Have a great week!

Renie

Unknown said...

Hmmm...do me a favor and try a different browser. I have had great luck with Firefox - when other browsers aren't letting me post pics or giving me other fits.

BClark said...

Hi just wanted to check in and see how you were. Lots of nasty weather in your neck of the woods, hope it isn't giving you too much trouble.

Train Wreck said...

HEy friend, lol with the hollerin! I can just picture it. I'll bet you make a great image! hahaaha.
How fun! A baking party! Do you travel? I need some help in my kitchen, ok I just want the company. Have a Merry Christmas!