Monday, November 24, 2008

I'M GOING TO BE....................(gulp) A GRANDMOTHER

Yes, last night Kasey and his girlfriend gave us the news. We are going to be Grandparents. I wasn't really shocked just didn't think it would be Kasey who would be the first one to have a child. As you know, Kasey is my step-son, but my heart knows no difference between him or my own kids. Lamar had two kids when we married, Kasey and Tessa. The love I have for them is the same for my own. Our two families blended into one big loving family. Our kids get along very well, and I have a great relationship with Tessa and Kasey. I was blessed when Lamar, Tessa, and Kasey came into my life. And now, a lil one will be entering into our family with much love on July 28. How is it, I haven't even laid eyes on this lil one, and already I love him/her more than life itself? And the great thing about it, he/she will be living right here in front of me. All I have to do is step out my front door and walk just across the driveway to see my Grandchild. Oh, the fun we are going to have. I couldn't even sleep last night for being excited. And Lamar, let's just say that he is walking around with a smile on his face too. I'm going to be a Grandmother, and I hope I can be the greatest. I want to be the type of Grandmother that I was lucky to have growing up. I want to be the one to teach him/her to ride and enjoy the outside. To be there to love and cuddle with, to listen to them and for them to know that they are very much loved, even before they entered the world. Yes, I'm a little excited , heck, I am going to be a GRANDMOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Train Wreck said...

OMG!! CONGRATULATIONs!!! Your "Bonus" Son lol! Meg told me that one day, not step children, they are Bonus children! I loved it, as I have two bonus children! Oh I am sooo happy for you. A little baby buckaroo! Oh you must keep us posted!You will be the best grandma! I know it. mmmmm baby smell!

Size 5!!??? I haven't worn a size 5 since I was probably 7? Holy tiny feet Batman! lol!
email me you addie, I want to send you a congratulations gift! Just because, I can if I want too! ((hugs)) My soon to be, a Grandest Mother of them all!

Unknown said...

Awww...congrats girl!!

You are SO lucky to be so close, you will get to spend lots of quality time with your grand daughter/son...

Keep us updated!

Tina Leavy said...

Oh my gracious! How neat! Congratulations. You beat me to grandmahood! LOL
I am so happy for you girl! Congratulations to everyone! That grandbaby is gonna be spoiled good ole' southern style.

ancient one said...

Yes, yes, and it will be every bit as wonderful as you are imagining it to me. Especially living so close to each other. My grandmother lived right across the road from us and we were so lucky! I tried to treat my grandchildren the same as my wonderful grandmother treated us. The word is "spoiled"... LOL

Renie Burghardt said...

Wow, congratulations Granny Laura on the wonderful news! And that grandbaby will be living so close. How wonderful is that? I'm so happy for you, Laura. Lucky you! Lucky baby!

Some of my grandchildren are here with me this week, so I'm pretty happy as well.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Hugs and blessings,

Renie

Renie Burghardt said...

Congratulations on the wonderful news, Granny Laura! What a blessing to have a little one soon to dote on. You are one lucky lady! And that is one lucky grandchild-to have you as his/her granny.

Some of my grandchildren are here with me this week, so I am a pretty happy granny myself.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

hugs,

Renie

BClark said...

FANTASTIC!!
I am so happy for you and Lamar.
It will be so wonderful to have them so close. Reading stories, watching them sleep, seeing their excitment as they learn new things.
I loved reading to my children and when I could my grandchildren. I would not laugh, I am a great grandmother. Enjoy

Mississippi Songbird said...

Oh My Goodness! Congratulations!
I know you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!.. Bunches of hugs....