Saturday, November 8, 2008

IT'S 40 BELOW , DON'T GIVE A CRAP, GOT A HEATER IN MY TRUCK AND I'M OFF TO THE RODEO..............

Ok, so it's really not that cold, yet. But tonight it is suppose to get cold, I think like 37 and we are going to a rodeo. Yup, I'm back in the saddle or at least today and tonight I will be. Today will find us at a barrel race here in P-town, then we are headen out o Coffeville for a rodeo. Brian and me are both riding tonight.
Last night B and me went to Scruggs to get him a new hat. He found a very nice black one . Got up to the check out counter, the girl rung us up, $150.oo, B looked at me, and asked how much was the over-n-under I bought, I told him $20.o0. He told the girl that he thought the hat was like $120.00 and she told him that was what it rung up to be. On the way home, he called a friend of his to see if the guy could shape it today for him. He was so proud of his new hat. We get home, everyone is wanting to see his new hat. He opened the box, Yup, hat not in there. We just paid $150.00 for a empty box. Let's see.........
Empty Hat Box............$150.00
Over-n-under..........$20.00
Look on B's face to see hat not in there.................PRICELESS
So off to Scruggs we go for the second time. The manager was very nice about it, she told B that it was the check out girl's fault for she was suppose to look in every box before it went out the door and she didn't. I understand things happen but what if we had tried to sneak stuff out in that hat box, and she didn't even bother to check. The cost of the box and over-n-under was right at $180.00 the first time, just think how much it would have cost them, if we did tried to put some stuff in the box. After the second trip, everyone was checking to make sure hat was in box before we left the store and parking lot. The hat that he first picked out and the one we was finally able to make it home with cost only $112.00. Yeah, big difference. He found some bull riding chaps there and tried them on. I looked at the price $480.00. I nearly stroked. It seems as the kids get older, their toys cost more and more. He starts to college next fall on a bullriding scholarship, so maybe, just maybe, with fingers and toes crossed, he will have new chaps for school. Anyone want to help with donations....................

4 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Laura,

Well, that's an expensive hat even with the discount! LOL. Didn't know hats cost so much. I'm glad my kids are all grown and I don't have to buy them expensive toys anymore. Of course, there are the grandkids....well, that's okay, I enjoy buying things for them.

Hope the barrel racing went well, and there will be so much excitement at the rodeo, you won't even notice the cold.

Have a great Sunday!

Hugs and blessings,

Renie

BClark said...

I still have my old Shady Brady, kinda beat up around the edges. I know how expensive all these things can be. Say, did you find your truck, I am so with you on the police departments. Seems once they get the badge they think they are "all that" and we should think they are great. Isn't it so annoying when all these busy bodies want to tell you how to wipe your fanny!! I figure they have no life so they want to stick their long noses into everyone elses beeswax. Good for you using your roping skills to help your friend, that is what life should be about.

The best to you Laura

Mississippi Songbird said...

ain't it the truth about their toys.. How they get more expensive!...I'm glad they gave ya the hat...I hope your barrell racing was fun and that you won..
Happy Veterans Day!

Unknown said...

And finally - my last comment I can sneak in today...

For a bunch of fluffy little horse show girls, we get pretty tough when it comes to the cold up here. Last during the "After Thanksgiving" show not only did it snow, but it was 20 degrees outside the arena, and if you left your drink out there without any booze in it - it would freeze solid within an hour.

It the temp dropped into the teens as the show winded down, I can't ever remember showing when it was soo cold out - but we all had such fun!