Saturday, April 11, 2009

Below are some pictures that was made the other day for the Send off for the Troops. Also is a letter I wrote to JB that I'm giving him the day he gets on that plane to head out to unknown land. Please keep the 1-98th Calvary in your prayers along with their families. A lot of these guys are very young and some have families they are leaving behind. These young men and women are taking the stand to go into something that we probably wouldn't do. They are going to experience things and see things that would make us grown folks run and hide. I also ask that you dig out your American flag and fly that flag with pride and honor. The American flag isn't just to flown on special days, it is to be flown every day. I know that every day I'm very proud and honored to live in this great America. So, if you would, get that flag out, knock off the dust and proudly hang it so evrybody else will see that you are proud to be an American.

5 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Laura,

What a beautiful, touching letter you wrote to JB, and the troops. I know you're very proud of him. Love all the pictures below, too. He is such a handsome young man. My thoughts and prayers will continue on JB's behalf, and I will add the 1-98th Calvary and their families, to my prayer list.

Have a happy and blessed Easter with your loved ones.

Hugs and blessings,

Renie

PS. I wasn't born in the US, but have been a proud American for over 50 years, and fly the flag daily! God bless the USA, and all our troops!

ancient one said...

Beautiful letter, beautiful boys, and a very beautiful mother... Thanks for sharing this with us.. We will be praying for JB and all the boys.. I've got to get a new flag pole... I'll try to get my flag out soon..

Andrea said...

A beautiful letter. I enjoyed the pictures of you and JB. I hope you had a wonderful Easter and I hope you gave that boy some extra hugs. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Andrea said...

Oh, and this is totally off the subject, but we did see Ginger when we were up in Ft. Worth. Those girls are awesome!!

Unknown said...

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands Protect them as they protect us Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen.'