Friday, April 24, 2009

WHEW......DIDN'T KNOW IT HAS BEEN THAT LONG.......

I guess time just zips past us when we are busy and unaware of the outside world. Excatly one week from today JB leaves out and yes, it's killing me. I just try to stay strong and not let anyone mainly JB see the effects it's having on me. Here is the thing....my family thinks I have to be the strong one while they fall apart. I only fall apart in the privacy of myself.
Things around here are still just as hetic. I have been trying to get my garden plowed and ready to plant. I moved it this year to a different spot. The place where I have always had it just really wasn't the best growing spot. I hope this year with me planting in a different place I will actually have a great harvest.
I have been getting in alot of riding. Went to the rodeo last weekend. Had a great run but wasn't fast enough for any money. I have a NBHA barrel race this Saturday so maybe I have a chance at either getting points or atleast a lil money.
I broke my right thumb last weekend at the rodeo. My mare blows so hard sometimes coming off barrels that when we came off the 3rd she jerked me up and somehow I hit the saddle horn and broke my thumb. I still rode the crap out of her coming out and when I got her stopped I told Chris that I had done something to my thumb. It's not as painful now as it first was.
I'm gonna try and get to everyones blogs today and check on ya.

9 comments:

ancient one said...

Sorry about your thumb... its good to keep busy..

Kim Campbell said...

anytime you need to pour your heart out, e-mail me. i can't even begin to imagine what you are having to deal with, but i'm always here to listen!

Renie Burghardt said...

Laura,

If I were in your shoes, I would be falling apart as well, but keeping a strong, brave image for everyone elses benefit. And especially for JB's!

Hope you got most of your garden in by now and had help with it, since it would be hard to plant things with a broken thumb. I finished my small one today. Had to especially get the tomatoes planted, since I'm hankering for my first ripe tomato no later than the 4th of July!

Hope your thumb is healing and not causing too much pain.

JB, of course, will remain in my prayers! And you as well!

Have a great Sunday.

Hugs and prayers,

Renie

PS. Oh, and the next time we go to Tunica, sometime this summer, I will let you know, and maybe you can come up and meet us. That would be fun!

BClark said...

Owww, I know that thumb was painful, hope it heals quickly for you.
You are such a rock, loving, practical and so full of energy, yep they think you are the anchor for the family. Something to be proud of, look at what super children you have. There are the times we wish we could crawl up in someone's lap and have some one tell us it will be ok.
Good to move the garden, might need a fresh spot to grow. I was just reading about being careful not to plant some things where you had potatoes, etc due to danger of root rot. I am learning tons of new stuff. Just printed out a chart on compainion planting. I wish you luck with your garden. Thank you for your visit.

Jen's Farmily said...

I can't imagine saying goodbye to a loved one. My thoughts are with you. And JB is a great man to be going overseas!!

I hope your thumb feels better!

Andrea said...

Girl you are a barrel racing fool!! I wish I had the need for speed. Down here it is the thing to do!! Rodeo everywhere!! I hope your thumb feels better soon. That horse must be a serious power house.

It must be so tough with your son leaving soon. I am so sorry. I do hope you do get some alone time to get it all out. Sometimes it just feels better to let it all out. I bet JB feels good when he thinks you are doing well. Keep your chin up. Everything will be okay. Sending you a BIG ((((HUG)))!!

Unknown said...

Yeah sorry about your thumb - that is gonna be a pain - literally for a while. Keep it wrapped and treat it with ice, I hope it doesn't bug ya too bad.

Hope the NBHA Barrel Race this last weekend went well!! Let us know about when you get a chance...

Tina Leavy said...

hey Laura,
hope all is well. I haven't visited blogs in oh gosh a coon's age now it seems. sorry to hear about you busting up your thumb, hope it has healed up by now.
hugs to you.
Tina
p.s. please email me as I'd like to add your addy to my address book

BClark said...

Just stopping by to leave some love and let ya know I am thinking about you.