Sunday, March 16, 2008

Last night found us in Ashland at the rodeo. Brian and me both rode. I was up first in barrel racing which had 16 runners in it. As I was coming up the alley way, I had my mare in her little short lope and right when I got ready to turn her loose a girl rode right in front of me. Talk about letting some words fly, I did. I then had to pull Dass back and get her back in the lope and when I came through the gate, we wasn't really running. I was spurring all the way to the first barrel. I was turning those barrels like a twister in a trailer park.lol As we came around the third barrel I pulled a little too hard and we clipped the third barrel coming out of it. I then knew I had to really make up some time for I was getting a 5 second penality. So I grabbed my over-n-under and started slapping and spurring her. I ended up with a time of 15.0 with 5 seconds on that so I had a 20.0 flat. If I hadn't got the third barrel I would have gotten 3rd and some money. Yea, I was like a twister in a trailer park alright. Oh well, she gave me a good run and ran her heart out for me but I was the one to blame for the mistake not her. Brian drew that bull again that he has never been able to ride. He did ride him for a little longer but was bucked off. We both came home last night with no money nor points. I guess you could say that's the way the hat falls at the rodeo. lol The weather this weekend has been beautiful. We had some rain Friday night but other that just sun and warmer temps. Today will find us bucking some bulls here at the house for pratice and some training on the new young mare. I think my other little cowboy is ready to start back for JB said last night that he was going to the next rodeo and he needs to pratice so that's why we are bucking today. Afterwards we are going to grill out and chill. If you are out and about and start smelling those wonderful aromas coming from the grill just pull on up and join in the fun. You are welcome to join us here for a day full of fun and some chowing down . Just make sure you were your boots and high water pants for I know afterwards the stuff is going to get deep here with all the tales that will be told.lol

7 comments:

Mississippi Songbird said...

lol. I don't know how you do it..The last time I rode a horse was on a trailride in Tupelo.. You know, those that know the trail and you just have to sit on them..lol
Well, this horse went between two trees. It was just wide enough for the horse, and not my knees.. OUCH! Needless to say, my jeans were torn and my knee was bleeding. That's my last time..lol
I hate pain. I used to ride horses on the beach at Galveston ,Texas. They were fun, unless a cloud came up, then they would bolt to the stables..
It was great weather this weekend! I love it.. I guess I'm going to have to go to the rodeo in Ashland sometime and see you ride. it's just up the road from me..
Have a great St Patricks Day!

BClark said...

The closest I have come to barrel racing was cooling down a ladies horse when I was in 6th grade. She was so tall,lol, I had to climb on the fence to get on her, I still remember her name Belle. I am glad you have warm nice weather and that you had the fun of trying.
Best to you, Barbara

Renie Burghardt said...

Well, it sounds like you had an exciting time anyway, Laura. The last time I rode, I was on Butterscotch, and she was moseying along when something made her bolt, and she took off like the wind, and would not stop, no matter what I did. I didn't think I'd get off her alive! At the bottom of a hill, there was a tall fence. She stopped there, thank the Lord. I got off and walked all the way back, with her following me like a dog, and nudging my shoulder, while I kept saying, "you're a bad horse!" LOL.

Stephanie got me into the horse-riding memory mode. LOL.

Hope your week has been going nicely.

Blessings,

Renie

Patty said...

I would have been pretty upset about that girl cutting in.

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Laura,
I am coming by to try and catch up with you. Sounds like yall had a good time at the rodeo in Ashland. I'm sorry you didn't win, but I know you enjoyed riding anyway. I sure wish I could have been at your house over the weekend. I know a good time was had by all. We finally got everything moved on Saturday afternoon. I didn't do anything Monday because I was so tired and so sore. I found I had bones I didn't know I had. LOL. I am still unpacking, but I'm just doing a little each day. I did do a post very early this morning. I got back online on Monday, but have been too tired to visit or post. The girls are out for Spring Break this week and I have been staying up late at night and sleeping late in the day. It's going to be rough on us come Monday morning. LOL. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Renie Burghardt said...

I had to stop by to wish you and yours a Happy and Blessed Easter, Laura!


Bunny Hugs, too! :-)

Renie

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
I just wanted to drop by and wish you and your Family a "HAPPY EASTER" for me and my Family. I hope yall have a great time together today. My DH left out this morning, so it will just be me and the girls here today. We don't have any big plans for today. Take care my friend and have a great Easter. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.