Wednesday, March 5, 2008

We actually had some snow the other day. It didn't stick but my gosh, it turned cold. Where did my sun go? Today was nice with the temps up in the 50's but the night has brought on colder temps again. Is spring going to come sooner or not?
Gas prices here also has hit a high. I believe the last time I looked today, regular gas was nearly $3.20 a gallon. I didn't even check and see what fuel was. If the prices keep going up, I'm afraid some of my rodeoing may be cut out. We all have been trying to find ways to cut cost but there is only so far one can go. If gas prices keep going up, I may just have to get the wagon out and start traveling in it. lol Now, won't that be a sight. Sunday we did hook one of the ponies up to my goat wagon and rode around in it. We had a lot of fun playing then Tessa and me harnessed both ponies up and worked them to the ground sled. Even my nephew Toby had a turn at driving them. We also shot some skeets that day. Can't really say who out shot who but everyone had a turn even Emily shooting left handed with a right handed gun. We work hard but we also play hard around here. It doesn't take alot of money for us to have fun. Next week will find the schools out for spring break. Little does my school kids know but they have no break. The stalls needs to be picked, the tack room cleaned and straightend, new goat pens built, the trailer needs to washed out with new shavings put in, new goats need to be tagged and have their shots, the other goats need to de-wormed, hoofs need to be trimmed, porches needed to be washed off, not counting the house needs to be cleaned. So see, my youngest two rather be in school than at home. Wonder Why???!!!!

5 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
We got a tad bit of Snow on Tuesday morning as well. It was really cold that day too. Now, guess what? We are under a Winter Storm Warning until Friday evening. When I did my post a little bit ago, we were under just a Winter Storm Watch. It has now been upgraded to the Winter Storm Warning. They are saying we could get around 6 inches of SNOW. We will see tho as weather is always changing. Yesterday was a pretty nice day here and it got up to 50 degrees. Sounds like yall had a great time together this past Sunday. I'm with you, it don't take alot to have fun with the Family. Girlfriend, I know what you mean about these gas prices. Last week when I put some gas in my truck it was $3.09 a gallon for regular unleaded. My DH went and put some in it yesterday before he left out, but I don't know what it was then. I didn't even think to as him. I've heard it could get up to $4.00 a gallon before too long. Both of our girls are going to be playing Softball and we will have to be traveling out of town. If the gas prices keep going up, we may have to carpool with some of the parents. It's just unbelievable. Even food prices are going up also. It makes it really hard on the poor folks like us. Milk is nearly $4.00 a gallon around here. We all may have to go back to the horse and buggy and growing our own foods. Our girls now ride the bus home from School. I do pick them up on occasion but not like I used to tho. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

BClark said...

Hi Laura,
Just wanted to stop by and catch up before I went to bed. You are such a busy bee, poops me out. It's good for the kids and they will look back and tell everyone what a great life they had. I too am yearning for Spring, I want to be warm again, you can feel it's close the sun gets a little stronger and there are some days the house is real nice and snuggy. Best of luck with the new horse and thanks for the picture of the monkey, made me smile. All good things to you and yours, Barbara

Oh, and that is great that Hubby's job is back up and running sort of.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Laura,

We had 3 inches op new snow Friday. UGH! I can't stand it anymore. Karen got 6 inches, I think she said, and she is happy! Go figure! LOL.

Our gas was $3.05 earlier this week, but now it's down to $2.97!

The kids probably think of all those chores as fun! LOL.

Have a blessed weekend.

Renie

Kim Campbell said...

Dang girl, you make me tired just reading about what alls goin on!

Be safe, please!

Mighty cold here, brrrr.

Tina Leavy said...

hey Laura..guess the kids don't like that word"chores" huh? LOl yes gas prices are starting to get high..someone was telling me that they are talking about getting up to $4 a gallon..yikes!
hope you are having a good week.
~Tina