Sunday, March 23, 2008

What another fullfilling week this has been. The weather here has been beautiful and it is starting to warm up around these parts. WOO-HOO. The kids went back to school after their spring break so that helps being back into our routine. Thursday was my dear loveable hubby's birthday. He turned 50. Wednesday night one of his sisters fixed supper for us, his brother and the other sister for all of them have birthdays in March. That night when we was sleeping, someone decorated hubby's service station with black streamers, black balloons, and a gaint sign telling everyone that he turned 50. Thursday night I took him, Tessa, Kasey, and Brian out to eat to Santa Fa steak house in Tupelo. The other kids either had other plans and JB had to work. Also on hubby's birthday, our great neice was born. Alivia Lane entered the world weighing in at 8 lbs 7 oz was 19 1/4 in long. We all are very thankful to God for this little miracle. Mother and daughter are just doing great. I'm soooooooo ready to get my hands on her. Friday found me and Tessa doing some shopping for Easter. Saturday was an open 4-H horse show here in Pontotoc to help raise money for 4-H. Also that morning Emily ran in our local 5k race and got 3rd place. Was very proud of her. After the race we loaded up and went to the horse show. I ran in barrels and poles. I won the barrel race with a 15.4 . We didn't do that good in poles. haha I think we knocked several down but hey, it was all for fun. We did get $4oo dollars in donations for our local agent to ride a horse around the barrels. Later on Saturday night we grilled porkchops and had baked potatos to go with it. Me and JB's girlfriend colored easter eggs. The Easter bunny has made his stop here this morning with plenty of candy. I was awakened to little chirpping by the ducks that was left and a small little fuzzy white rabbit.
I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Easter.

8 comments:

Kim Campbell said...

Happy Easter!

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Laura,
"HAPPY EASTER" and "HE IS RISEN" to you and your Family. "HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY" to your hubby as well. Also, "CONGRATULATION'S" on the birth of your new great-niece. "PRAISE GOD" for miracles. "CONGRATULATION'S" on the barrel racing that you did so well in. Sounds like yall have had a busy weekend. Tomorrow (24th) is me and my DH's 13th Wedding Anniversary and then Tuesday is my Birthday. Me and my DH went out on Friday night to eat and I got a hair cut. Saturday I had a big Birthday Party that my Parents, Sister, and our girls had for me. I posted about it on my post for today and I even have some pictures of the party. Our girls have outgrown the Easter Bunny. We don't buy them Easter Baskets anymore. The weather here has been nice the last few days, but has been on the chilly side to me. LOL. It was 33 degrees here earlier this morning and it's suppose to be down to 32 degrees tonight. Our girls go back to School tomorrow from their Spring Break. Take care my friend and have a great Easter. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Mississippi Songbird said...

Happy Birthday to your husband.. and Happy Easter..

BClark said...

Hi Laura,
What a super time you have been having. Of all my birthdays I think my 50th was the hardest, but I survived. Happy belated Birthday to your hubbby, nice to have friends and family around to celebrate with. Congratulations on the win and for a good cause. I was in 4H for a while back in the dark ages, great time. The best to you and your great family, Barbara

Got 2 Trot Librarian said...

Sounds like a lot of congratulations are in order! I hope you had a Happy Easter!

Renie Burghardt said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your husband! And it sounds like you had a wonderful Easter.

Blessings,

Renie

Tina Leavy said...

glad to read you had a good Easter. Happy belated Birthday to your hubby.
glad ya did good at the barrels.
~Tina

Tina Leavy said...

oh and congrats on the new baby neice.