Sunday, March 9, 2008

WHAT A WEEKEND.....


Talk about a wild weekend. We just had it. Brian was invited to ride in this weekend bull riding called Horns-n-Heros. There was alot of guys there from all around the states, and alot of them rodeo with the PBR and was big name bull riders. It was an honor to be invited to ride. There was a $5,000.00 added money to this event. So....Friday night found us at the rodeo outside with only a covered top with it snowing. One of the boys that went with us broke his hand riding so we left right after he rode to get him home and got home, GUESS WHAT, yup, snow. We woke up Saturday morning with snow on the ground. By 1 that afternoon it had melted. We left out early Saturday afternoon headed back to the rodeo. Brian done good both nights but was bucked off both times. He was upset for not being able to ride but these bulls are the ones that you see on t.v. on the PBR. They were very nasty bulls. Alot of these guys wasn't able to ride them. One of the guys that we rodeo with ended up winning the average and won a new 4-wheeler. Friday night was a concert featuring Crossing Dixon. They are the ones that sing Southern Comfort. I met alot of big name bull riders but they don't hold a candle to my two lil bull riders or so I told them.lol

6 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
I'm glad yall had a good time at the rodeo, but sorry one of the guys hurt his hand. I'm sure Brian did the best he could tho. I watch the PBR Rodeo's on t.v. sometimes when I'm flipping thru the channels and find one. I bet it was cold having to stand outside while it was Snowing. It started Snowing here Friday around 11:30a.m. and they let School out at 12:15p.m. My DH made it home from Memphis around 3:30p.m. Him and the girls tried making a Snowman, but I guess the Snow was too wet for them to do it. It was very cold outside as well. When I went to bed Friday night around 7:00p.m. it was still Snowing. I don't know what time it quit. When I got up Saturday morning, there was a pretty good size drift at my front door. I'm guessing we got around 5 or 6 inches of Snow. It was mostly gone yesterday afternoon tho. There is still some out there today, but it will all melt away as the temperature will rise to near 50 degrees. We are to be in the 60's by mid-week. The girls tried making a Snowman yesterday but wasn't very successful at it. We put the new Digital Camera to use yesterday and took some pictures of the girls out in the Snow. I have them on my post today. I took the first picture of the girls and my DH took the camera after that and hogged it pretty much all day. LOL. He even kept coming in our bedroom yesterday afternoon while I was sleeping and snapping pictures of me sleeping. LOL. Talk about one big kid there. LOL. We didn't get to move this weekend because of the Snow. We plan on moving this coming weekend if the weather co-operates. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Aunt Jenny said...

It does sound like a busy weekend!! How neat that your guys were invited to be in the rodeo..sounds awesome. I am glad THEY wern't the ones to get hurt!!
We havn't had new snow..it was predicted for last night..but NOPE. It is even sunny today...so maybe what we still have on the ground will melt. It is getting pretty ugly looking now!!
take care!!

Mississippi Songbird said...

Sorry one of them hurt his hand, but glad for the guy that won the 4-wheeler. That's quite a prize!
I loved the snow. but I am glad it's gone, because I cannot drive in it, and I like to be able to get out and about. Isn't it a beautiful day today!
Have a good Spring break week..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Patty said...

Bull riding is not an easy thing, and to me, getting up on one is more than I can ever imagine, so I think your guys did great from the start

Tina Leavy said...

that would have been so fun to go to. glad you had the chance.since we cut out cable and only watch the netflix movies now..I do miss my PBR bull riding show. oh well..Laura can tell me all about it huh? grins.
hope you have a great week.