Sunday, October 12, 2008

BIG BULL RIDER........


Last night found us at a rodeo at Tishomingo County Fair. It was a 2 hour drive getting there. My event was up first, Dass gave me a little trouble getting in the gate, when we went in, I thought everything was going good. The first barrel looked and felt awesome but I knew I was in trouble coming out of the second, we knocked it down coming out of it, so I know it was something I done. Going into the third, I knew I had to make up some time so I went to spurring. The third was good. We came off of it spurring and whipping. I got a 5 second penality added so I was out of the money. Then Brian was up to ride. He drew a good bull. This bull really gave Brian some good bucks and air. I knew when I seen him in the chutes pull his hat down tight that he was going to give it his all. He scored a 76 which put him in the lead. I knew then that no one could touch that. (If you look behind the bulls head, you can see me in the pink shirt on the fence hollaring for my lil big bull rider) . Every rider that was up after him and before didn't even get close to his score. Yea, my big bull rider won the rodeo. There is just something about being hooked on a 8 second ride but believe me, from a Mother's point of view, standing on the fence watching your lil cowboys climb onto the back of a bull to ride, that is the longest 8 seconds of your life.

7 comments:

ancient one said...

Congrats to Brian... I know you were proud... sorry about the barrell falling over...you'll get it next time!!

Mississippi Songbird said...

Comgrats to Brian.. Man, That bull looks so scary!.. Good luck next time and stay safe always!

Aunt Jenny said...

How exciting..what an awesome picture!! Sorry the barrel fell for you...but sounds like you gave it a great try!!
Hey..happy birthday late!! I'm sorry I didn't see this before now..didn't have the computer on all weekend!!
Have a great week!!!

Renie Burghardt said...

Woo Hoo, congratulations to Brian!!! Love the picture. Great shot. Sorry about your second barrell falling over. Better luck next time. But I know you were a proud Mama!

Have a wondereful day!

Renie

BClark said...

Super on the win, what a rush. I know your turn will come. Love the idea of you and your goat cart, wonder if one of mine would pull one? Ya know we kinda have to do things for us, not always worring about what others think. It can drive you crazy, congrats on your birthday and have you life more or less under control. Barbara

PS that was a super picture of him

Train Wreck said...

Oh my and I thought I get nervous watching my Cowboy! I would pass out if he rode bulls! How great that he won!. Cody Hancock is haveing an invitational today. This town goes crazy when this day comes! We get people from everywhere! I went to school with his older brother, they are really nice guys. Good luck to your fella!

Tina Leavy said...

alot can change in 8 seconds on the back of a bull that is for sure. glad your guy rode well and had a real nice score.
congrats.