Friday, October 31, 2008

WHAT'S NEXT...............

I want to send apologizes to all who vist my blog, I'm sorry I haven't been by to visit. Things have been in an uproar around here. Sometimes it seems when it rains, it pours. I have been off this week and man, did I have a huge list of things to do around here while I was off. Did anything get done, maybe a couple of things but that's been it. I have been doctoring a goat, Lulubelle, I don't really know what is wrong with her. She is eating and acting like nothings wrong but her left side of face is swollen. I first thought she had gotten snake bit but that wasn't it. I then thought it was something wrong inside her mouth, that wasn't it either. So, I have been dosing her up on meds. The other morning hubby went in to work, he owns his own gas/service station plus has a Uhaul business, and noticed that our other truck was gone. He called to see if one of the kids had gotten it. He then called the police and yup, the truck had gotten stolen. Talk about a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. As you may remember, I had my identity stolen back at the first of the year, still dealing with that crap, but they did catch the mexican, and I am pressing charges. Now, this. The truck is a 90 z71 brown short wheel base 4x4. We bought a new truck and had the old one for sale. Whoever got the truck, knew what they were doing. For we had both sets of the keys and there was no glass on the ground. Plus they had to stop for gas for the truck was on empty. We asked the police if they had been around to the other gas stations to see if maybe something was caught on video. They said that they gas stations wouldn't know if the truck was stolen or not. HELLO, look to see if it was video. Then they wanted to know how much money we would be getting from the insurance. HA, we didn't have insurance for we haven't drove the truck in like 3 months. I also gave them a couple of places to look for these people run a chop-shop. They informed me, that they probably didn't have it. WELL HELL, what some wonderful cops we have here in Pontotoc. I told them I bet if I was coming back from the beer store with a 6 pack of beer to drink at home they would know everything about it and where I was. I live in a small town, where everyone knows everyone and where I am kin to just about everyone. And believe me, I do know how to shake some tail feathers and ruffle some too. The past two days I have been out looking for some kind of lead on the truck. I do know that it was seen pulling into Wal-Mart about 9:30 the night it was stolen. Do you think I called the law and told them? Nope, I am going this morning to talk to the manager and see if they have anything on video. One cop I talked to said,' God help them if you findwho stole your truck.' HMMM....

Yesterday morning after we made the police report, I went through town, there was every county and city cop up on the court square. The business was having a candy party for the kids. Ok, is my taxes paying them to babysit? I did pull up next to some cops that was just standing around joking and talking and asked if they had found my DAMN truck yet. One informed me there first objective was to make sure these little kids were safe. I told him okay, but when I find my truck I won't be calling the law, I would be the law. One cop said man that little snip is mean. No, I'm not mean but I pay my taxes and I thought they took an oath to serve and protect not babysit. I work hard everyday for what I have and I will be damn if I'm just going to sit on the sidelines and twiddle my thumbs while these lowlife takes something of mine. And I don't pay taxes for these so- called cops to chase these gals with short skirts, sit around talking on a cell-phone, or to babysit. OH OH OH, they are also(city councel) is wanting to pass a bill that states that if you have a dead plant or bush in your yard, you have 30 days to replace or they will fine you. HMMMM.... when they start paying the house payment and taxes then they can tell me how to do my yard and if the damn bush or plant needs to be replace. They need to be worried about getting some jobs in here, better protection, lowering taxes, and stop with all this petty stuff. The people of Pontotoc also needs to know exactly where our money is going when we send our so called mayor to these conventions, and most of all who he is taken with him and it's not his wife. How do I know? His wife is my Mom's first cousin. Yea, I'm fixing to shake the cherry tree and more than likely piss a bunch of people off.

2 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Laura,

You've had quite a lot of problems lately, it seems. I don't blame you for venting. I sure hope they find the truck soon!

Hugs and prayers,

Renie

Tina Leavy said...

I really hope you are able to find the truck soon.
sorry to read this..hang in there gal.