Friday, October 10, 2008

SHE'S 41 AND HER DADDY STILL CALLS HER BABY.....

And all the people in P-Town say I'm crazy but I don't care. I think it's just cause they don't understand me or my ways. I wear ungly clothes, a big hat, grow things in the garden for that's what southern women do. Right? I always thought that was the way to dress and live for it is a quote out of my favorite movie,'Steel Magnolias'. Just like Delta Dawn is my theme song(well a couple of verses are) the only thing is I don't walk around town with a suitcase in my hand, I ride in a cart pulled by a GOAT.lol Yup, I turned 41 yesterday. OMG, I use to think that age was terribly old. Now, hell, it's the best time of my life. My kids are grown and some areout of their own, alot of our debit is now gone, so now it's just alot of free time to find out who I am and rekindle my love for my hubby. wink, wink. People say that 40 is over the hill and everything after that is down hill. You think they were talking about gravitity? I sure know that it is working against me.lol But as far as age, let's see, I made it to 40 now I have made it to 41 let's just hope I rock-n- roll to 50 and after that, I'm going to crawl and scratch like hell to the other birthdays. Honestly, I don't think I trully enjoyed life until I hit my mid 30s. It's like now I look at things totally different, and really apperciate the things in life. It's just when I look in a mirror it scares the living crap out of me. I get introduced to a new line and wrinkle every day. As far as grey hair, well, as long as wal-mart stays open I will keep them in business buying hair color. If only I could find my car keys, my purse and my glasses.

5 comments:

Got 2 Trot Librarian said...

Happy Birthday!

Plowing and Sowing said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad to know that 41 doesn't feel any older than 40.

Renie Burghardt said...

Happy Birthday, Laura! I hope you special day is filled with many blessings, and celebrated with those that mean the most to you!

Birthday Hugs,

Renie

ancient one said...

Happy Birthday... You're at a great age...have fun and enjoy it..

Tina Leavy said...

Happy Belated Birthday wishes gal. :0)