Monday, October 27, 2008

DRIVE 'EM LIKE YOU STOLE 'EM JUST DON'T ROPE 'EM.......


Here is David's ponies. David works them at home but when it comes to competion, he lets Kyle drive them and he hooks the double tree. If the ponies step on the rope on either side, they are out. After awhile the sled gets heavy and that's where you really have to drive them. Sometimes you have to work the ponies from side to side to get the sled to move. There are times when it comes to just inches winning the class. As you can see in the picture, David is watching the sled to see how far they have to go and which way Kyle needs to go either right or left.

6 comments:

ancient one said...

That looks interesting.. like a tractor pull but using ponies?

Hope you get a chance to visit soon... there's a giveaway that a lot of people are participating in... come see..

Aunt Jenny said...

How fun..I have never seen ponies pulling like that either. My grandpa (who raised quarterhorses) always kept alot of ponies for us when I was little at his place..and had a matched set of black Welsh ponies (named Satin, Velvet, Lace and Silk) that pulled a little covered wagon that he took in parades sometimes with us all dressed as pioneers. I would love to have a pony just for a little friend someday. I miss my big old gelding, Mick. He was too old to make the move when we came to Utah a little over 6 years ago.

Renie Burghardt said...

That looks like quite a challenge, Laura! But I know everyone enjoys it. It must be so exciting to watch it live. Nice picture!

Have a great day!

Blessings,

Renie

BClark said...

I know they use horses like the Morgans for pulling, never realized they use ponies also. Although come to think of it
I have even read about them using dogs for pulling. Humm, some sort of mountain dog, kinda looked like a short haired St Bernard if I remember correctly. I have more random information floating around my poor brain, too bad I can't make money off it,lol.

Train Wreck said...

How awesome! I have seen draft horses pulling weight, never little ponies! GIrl YOu have some entertainment goin on in your neck of the woods!!

Train Wreck said...

LOL! I had to "Change" My outfit I posted a comment in my halloween costume!