Friday, October 24, 2008

IT'S IT'S IT'S.............


Little Joe Dirt. Naw, just looks like him. We was in Tn at the Annual Possum day festival where we competed in the pony pulling. As always I have to go and check out the possum race and imagine the look on my face when I seen this little fellow. Ok, hope I don't offend anyone here but seriously what Mother would allow their child to have this mullet? Here I am, living in the South, have heard everything there is to living in the South, you know, rednecks, hillbillys, marrying cousins(that's for another post) no teeth, and everyone with a mullet, but reality is ....NO we don't wear mullets. Or not anymore that went out like in the early 90's. I watched this little Joe Dirt during the possum race and couldn't help but smile. There he was running around with his business in the front and party in the back flowing behind him as he ran around toting his possum. He was so proud of his possum.

7 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Laura,

I was showing the picture to my 9 year old granddaughter and she got a kick out of it. Now, I know I will sound mighty dumb here, but is a mullet the long hair in the back of the cute young boys head? And when you say possum race, are they using real, live possums? And what is his "business" in the front mean? LOL. I really don't know. Sorry. But the boy is cute!

Have a great evening and a good weekend.

Renie

Aunt Jenny said...

I feel the same way...cute kid..why would a Mom let this haircut happen? Haha
I never heard of a possum race. I have seen pig races, chicken races, livestock grabs, mutton busting..but not possums...how cute!!
Have a fun weekend!!!

ancient one said...

Cute kid... no matter the hair...hope they all had fun!!

Kim Campbell said...

LOLOLOL! Girl, you kill me! But yeah, he looks a little like a young Joe Dirt!

BClark said...

I know my son had one for a while, just his way of being different. As much as I love my child I do not believe I would have let it go that far. I am with Renie on the possom race? I also am confused about the Joe Dirt?? Thank you for sharing Laura, love your posts.

Barbara

Tina Leavy said...

hey there, stopping by to say hey..bet the possum race was fun..ha.

Train Wreck said...

LOL!! May be he was looking for his "real" family! hahahah, you know he will look back one day and wonder WHY his parents thought that was a good idea!!Possum Racing??? Really?! I have never heard of it!!