Monday, January 29, 2007

Boy! Did we ever have a full weekend.?! I had to have the goats at Verona Friday by 7 p.m. for the weighing. Had one goat that made the weight but had one that didn't. My sister had a goat that lacked 2 lbs and they wouldn't let her show well my niece really. I'm so mad . They have put a weight limit on showing goats for Dixie National. The goats have to weigh in between 60 lbs and 110 lbs. It's getting to where its an adult thing instead of kids in the 4-h. There will be a livestock and district meeting in Feb. and you can beat you sweet butt I'll be there. There is this one guy who is the one who got this bill to pass and we have already had one run in and I'm afraid there is going to be another one.
At one show , he was yelling at my child and I asked him what the problem was and we ended up into it and wellllll, I told him that if he said one more thing to me , he would either be smoking that cigar out of his ass or eating it one, that it didn't matter to me. What it all boils down too, is we always beat him at the shows and he is just trying to elminate us. I'll have him to know that I will be a thorn in his side. That man makes me so angry.!!!!!!!
Saturday was the show and it was cold and raining. I had only one goat to clip and I mean a full body clip too. David ended up with 7th out of his class and I was proud . We are not going to Dixie National this year , we have decided to boycott the goat show. But we will be doing the dairy show. We are leaving Friday and coming back Sunday.
I ended up getting cold and wet and now I'm sick. I am coughing my head off and running fever.
Not that any of that matters here. I just might as well be dead . Noone seems to notice that I'm sick.
I missed the first barrel race of the year , so now I'm really going have to push to get some points made up.
They are saying we are going have some snow this week. Just what I need when I have a goat that is fixing to come in. It will have them when the weather is bad. Then again, I think all animals do that to their owners.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Laura. And I know exactly what you mean about kids, parents and 4-H! It was bad when I showed horses as a kid...the horse division and dogs are both highly competitive. Sheep aren't so bad, at least not locally, and that's what Darling shows for now. Told her she can just forget the idea of competing in horses...can you imagine the laughter we'd hear showing up with our little mustangs? LOL...then again, it may be worth it (love to leave folks laughing!)