Friday, January 19, 2007

I have had an awful week. Tuesday night, we was up several times with the neighbors dogs coming over on our land. One dog was a pit bull, which we have already had one goat killed by this dog, then the other 2 was the other neighbors' dog. Got up Wednesday, and Dass , my barrel horse was lame. Her left back ankle was swelled . Called the vet , he came out and checked her and said that she had a real bad sprained. I would have to soak it 2x a day in epsom water and keep it loosely wrapped for about 2 to 3 day, then I would have to soak it and rub this stuff on it for some more days. I asked about when I could run her again and he told me there could be a chance that she may not ever be able to run again. I would have to wait and see. Dass will need x-rays to see if the ankle is strong enough to run. Well..... let's just say that it's not to pretty here on the hill side. I called the neighbors and told one of them that I told them ,in my living room, that I had to much money invested in my horses for their dogs to be bothering them. Today I got up with the other neighbors and I told them the same thing. I also told them they could be looking at some vet's bill on top of lose wages if I can't run her anymore. Let's just say , nobody is on friendly terms right now.
Let's just say the 'hatfields and mccoys' are going at it again.
I hate to be ugly with people but my livestock doesn't tear up their things or animal so why should I stand by and let other people's animals tear and even kill my livestock.
It just makes me sick about all this. Dass was doing so awesome and now this. I have a rodeo coming up in March also with March Madness coming later on, I was planning on going to it.
I guess it's just another page and chapter here in the life and day to 2LMZ FARMS

2 comments:

Aunt Jenny said...

Neighbor's dogs...I can tell stories too...I am so sorry to hear about Dass...dang it all..I sure hope she is better soon.
I loved reading your blog!

Beemoosie said...

(((Hugs))), honey! I hope things get better soon, too! Stick to your guns!