Saturday, January 6, 2007



This is when my grandfather passed away. Daddy Jack loved his family and horses. He was an awesome horseman. There are times when I just fall apart because I miss him so much. We was really close. I have his buckeye that he carried in his pocket. Every time I run barrels, I have this buckeye in my pocket. I rub it and ask Daddy Jack to let me have a good and safe run. When i'm going in the gate, I yell, Hang On Daddy Jack. For I know he is riding with me. It sounds weird, but there are times when I can smell him and feel him around me. He was my hero. Know the song,"when I get where I'm going"? There is a verse that says, " I'm going to walk with my granddad and he'll match me step for step", well, my version is ," I'm going to ride with my grandad, and he'll out run me. Gosh, I miss him so much it hurts. I know that one day I will be with him but it's so hard right now not being able to pick up the phone and saying "Daddy Jack,,,,,"

Laura

No comments: