Tuesday, March 20, 2007



We had this made in December for Mother and Dad. It's dh, Lamar, me, Jon Brandon, David, and Emily. There are 3 that is missing from the photo, Tessa, Brian, and Kasey. They said they had other plans when the photo was made. It's hard to look at the picture and see that my kids are grown. Where did the years go? Jon Brandon, is grown and living out on his own, in the military, and riding bulls, David, who will turn 18 in April, but still looks 12 and then the baby, Emily who will turn 14 in September. I can remember when they were little just thinking how I couldn't wait till they got older. Now, as I sit here, what I wouldn't give to have them little again. As my dear Great Grandmother use to say," When they are little, they are on your toes, when they are grown, they are on your heart." There are never been any truer words than that. They have turned out to be great kids, never really given me trouble. So, I must have done something right. ? They went through the nasty divorce with me when I divorced their dad and I was afraid they would have trouble with it but they handled things like little adults, no, they handled it better than I did. I was very worried how they would handle things with me marrying Lamar, but they said to go for it. I did and never have I been any happier. Not only are they my kids but they are my friends. We are closer now than we have ever been. We all enjoy the same things and they just make life that more enjoyable. I do miss the sticky, stinky little hugs when they were little but wouldn't take nothing for the the strong arms and shoulders to lean on now.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

What an adorable family photo, Laura!