Saturday, March 24, 2007

Well, I'm back home. I didn't do anything but hit barrels Thursday night. Everytime I ran, I either hit the first barrel or second. One time, I got all three. Now, where is my 6 pack.? Just a little humor. We all say, that if you get all 3 barrels, you are the winner of a 6 pack. I'm going to Pittsboro Sunday for a barrel and pole race. I love running barrels but until you try poles , you are missing something.
My daughter Emily, had a 5k run this morning and I was able to sit at my dh service station and watch the race. She won her age division. I was very proud of her.
After the race I came home and washed clothes and hung them out and ironed. Need to gert outside and do yard work but as you can see, I'm sitting here chatting.
My nanny, Ginger, is suppose to deliver here pretty soon. We thought last night was the night but it was a false alarm. I'm so ready for the little one or ones to get here. She is just a big ole pet. I'm ready to start milking her for my soaps and cheese.
I got my Lehman's book in the mail . I have really enjoyed looking and wishing.
I'm very into the Amish way and life. I think we could take a few lessons from them. They seem so at peace with their lifestyles and family. They don't dwell on the materialistic things like we do . Just think, no divorces in the Amish, no gangs, the kids are well mannered and don't get into trouble, have healthier lifestyles. I could live that life but would have to cheat for I need my power. Could do with out the high power bills but still need it. Plus, I can not wear dresses. I'm bow legged and have skinny legs. I look like an olive on toothpicks in dresses. All in all, their little communitys are so interesting and one could not help but be a little envy with it.
Jon Brandon is riding tonight so, Momma is already getting nervous.
We both are riding here in our home town next Friday night. That really puts the nerves on their edges for you want to do really good for your home town folks.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

How'd his ride go?

Don't be too fooled by the Amish, Laura. They've got a great PR agent, lol! I've heard some pretty horrific stories from folks who've lived in/near Amish country. And my pesonal business dealing wasn't so pleasant.

Sorry to hear you hit all three barrels; did you get your six pack?