Monday, October 1, 2007



Friday morning when we go into the theater for the cermony, all these soldiers were sitting down with their backs toward us. I couldn't find my child. Do you know how one shaved head looks like another one? As the drill sargeants were called out, the group assigned to them would holler something out. Dumb me, thought everyone was hollering," WHOOP ASS". Naw, JB informed me later that wasn't it. We was asked not to leave the theater until all the soldiers have left, when we got out side, this is the first glimpse I had of my son. What a beautiful sight!!!! They marched back to their room and that was the longest drive for me(only 2 blocks) to get to my son. I got out of my car running and didn't stop till I got to him. It was like I had this sixth sense telling me where to go. I went right to him. I enjoyed my time with him and it was hard leaving him Sunday afternoon but I know that now I only have 45 more days until he comes home for awhile. Sunday morning when we was eating breakfast at this resturant, this elderly man came up to JB and shook his hand and told him how much he apperciated what he was doing and thanked him for joining and for fighting for him and his family's freedom. I cried and my heart just swelled with pride.

4 comments:

JANET said...

Oh, I know you are so proud! Glad you got to see him...sounds like you had quite a weekend! Only 45 more days...

k.m.s quarterhorses said...

Oh my, what a handsome son you have. How proud you must be. I'm glad you found out where you were supposed to be and didn't get put in the brig for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. What an adventure you all had. More pictures please. MB Using Kylee's blog name. Kylee says hello to you too. She had a 3 day thingie at the fairgrounds this past weekend--first time not with Ambush and placed in the top ten and won a nice Jacket.
I take it JB will be home for Thanksgiving. Yippee!!!MaryBeth

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, Laura, how wonderful that you got to see your son. He is handsome, indeed! God bless him!

Warm regards,

Renie

Mary said...

A proud moment, indeed. Congratulations on having a son to be proud of.

Mary