Monday, October 1, 2007

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS.....


Here he is!!!! Don't he look nice? Hmmm... I don't know what key I have hit to make these pictures look big and small?. Sorry. Ok, on with my story. We pulled into Radcliff Thursday afternoon. After eating supper, my sister, Emily, Abbie, and I decided to go for a ride. Just to see where we would be going Friday morning. No one bothered to tell us that when you take the Fort Knox ramp that was it. One way in and one way out. So, we ended up at the guard check in post. I am asked for id, I start pulling out my license and then I'm asked what is my reason for entering. I start laughing and tell them that I was being nosey. The guard just looks at me and then wants to see everyone else's id. The whole time my sister,Teisha, is about to stroke. I finally tell them that I was to be at this certain place in the morning to see my son and I was just looking to see where I was suppose to go. The guard then directs me to pull over. Now I am the one about to stroke. Teisha is sitting in the back seat about to cry saying that we all was going to jail. The guard comes up to my window asked me whom I was to see and what rank, then gives me direction on how to get to the place. He tells me if I get stop to tell them that I am making a dry run. Also that I'm not to talk to any soldiers or anyone( okay, I was just told to tell someone that I was making a dry run, so, now who and who not am I to talk to) . Took us exactly 10 minutes to find the place where the cermony is going to be held and we got the hello out of there. I was as nervous as a cat in a room filled with rocking rockers. Teisha, well, she was laying down in the seat, saying we are going to jail, we are going to jail. Yup, one way in and one way out. No, we didn't get stopped but did get lost going back to the motel.

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

LOL glad you had a good time.
They didn't direct you to the visitors center? You can usually obtain a picture i.d. there for the next time you go onto the base.
Glad you got to visit with J.B.