Thursday, October 25, 2007

It has set in to raining. Don't get me wrong, we need the rain but come on. In one day we recieved over 5 inches of rain , do you know how hard it is to tend to livestock with all this rain and mud. I actually lost one of my boots the other morning going to feed. On top of that it has turned cold. I know, wasn't that long ago I was complaining about it being hot. Okay, I am a complainer. Oh, my friend Tracey over at www.carpentercreek.wordpress.com has tagged me. Something about being famous. HMMMM..... thought I was already a queen around here I guess someone just didn't put the word out then. Tracey, I promise to get my statements out by tomorrow. So, you want to know what has been going on in my little corner of the world. Well, think we are getting ready to build the boat. When I start seeing the animals come out in pairs, I'm jumping on the boat. No, it has really been too wet and messy to really do anything other than feed and keep the barn and stables cleaned out. Been staying in mostly. We are having our last pulling this Saturday and I hope to have pictures up before the weekend is over. I have been keeping busy feeding the kids,( last count Tuesday night was 7) , making my rugs, salt dough ornaments and cinnamon ornaments. I have also been counting the days down till JB comes home. He will get here on November 15. I haven't talked to him since that Sunday when he called but Abbye has talked to him and said that he sounded good just ready to come home. I know, this week has been boring, the nicer weather must bring out the mischief in the kids. Just something to hold ya'll over till the next time, I can't find my hair clippers. HMMMM......

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

we've had a fair amount of rain here too and morning temperatures have started out at around 50. Today was the first day we were able to throw open the windows. yay!
hope you have a good week.
~Tina