Friday, October 26, 2007

Today was another chilly day but without rain. We have mud that comes up past your knees. No joke. I had several things on my agenda to do today but the couch was bugging me and kept calling my name so I ended up going to it and holding it down so it wouldn't leave. Stayed there till about 2. I did get some washing done. I was getting ready to go out and feed and this military helicopter came over and started buzzing the house. This isn't the first time it has happened. The horses and goats started going crazy. So, I start calling the National Guard Amory to find out who to report this person to. I did talk to several people but still waiting on the commanding officer to call back. Come to find out this boy's family lives across the hill from us and I called them. I wasn't ugly but I stressed to them that I wanted a stop put to it. I had horses that I rodeoed with and show goats and I couldn't afford for one of them to get injuryed from this person's stupidty. Well, he said he would have a talk with him but I still plan on reporting him. Look, I'm a military mom, if my child was doing something like that I would want a stop put to it. Like I said , this isn't the first time, a couple of summers ago, he done this same thing and one of our cows was running and fell into a hole, we had to get someone out here with a backhoe to dig her out and like to have lost her and the calf that she was carrying. She did deliver that night and was not due for a couple of months. Now, back to what I had stated in the earlier post about my hair clippers. I have been looking for the clippers for a month now, no one seemed to know where they were at. Until last night, the truth came out. Let's just say the boys thought it would be cute to shave someone's animal and the used my clippers.AAAGGHHH..... not the animal clippers but my hair clippers. I don't know whose animal or what kind of animal, honestly, I don't want to know. I just want some more clippers!!!!!

4 comments:

ancient one said...

Boys will be Boys!! LOL

Renie Burghardt said...

Rainy, chilly days are good days for holding down couches. lol.

I can just imagine the animals going crazy with the military helicopter buzzing the house. Hope it doesn't happen again. And I hope you found your hair clippers, or maybe the boys hopefully got you new ones. :-)

I enjoyed reading your blog. It's a fun read even when your a bit testy, Laura.

Take care!

Renie

Tina Leavy said...

never a dull moment around there eh? LOL honey..your animals would have gone ballistic today if they'd have been around here..seems that they are doing some blowing up of bombs or something over on our Air Force Base the last 2 days..and hubby and I woke up to the whole house shaking and the bed shook..it woke everyone up here. Like a wave sweeping across the house.
This happened several times today and several times yesterday..but not as strong as this mornings wake up "boom"...but your animals would have went wild eyed I could imagine.Hope the guy in the helicopter doesn't get in too much trouble...I bet he's just wanting to "wave" at his folks though..ha. But probably doesn't realize the animals are suffering for it...and it is dangerous to do what he is doing though for sure.
Hope the boys buy you some new clippers too.Have a good week.
~Tina

Whitney said...

Wonder what the animal looked like when they got done clipping his hair. LOL

Take care!