Saturday, October 13, 2007

Not a whole lot going on here. We were suppose to go to Jackson this weekend for the goat show down there but the goats have been sick with a cold and I didn't want to take them for I knew they would get stressed out and would be sicker by the time we got home. Did work the ponies some this week. We are having a cool spell right now. The temps at night are dropping some and the days are nice. Just sort have been a dull week here. Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I rocked into 40, I'm going to roll into 50 and then crawl into 60. lol Recieved some bad news the other night, a girl that I run barrels with died in a house fire. She leaves behind a husband, a 15 year old son and a 10 year old daughter. Please remember Melissa Norris family in your prayers. Today will find me de-worming and vaccaniting goats over at my dad's. Hmmm..... that should be fun. There is a horse show tonight but I haven't made up my mind if I'm going yet or not.

4 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

hello Laura,
am so very sorry to hear about the girl that you ran barrels with..so sad.
I hope that you are doing better.
I've loved this cooler weather.
Hope you have a good week this week.
Sorry to hear about the goats being sick..hope that they all get better soon.
hugs to ya,
Tina

JANET said...

Gracious! You didn't need such sad news plus sick goats after last week!
We are having cooler weather too! The temp made it all the way down in the low 40s one night last week. October has the best weather!

Day4plus said...

I hope your goats get better. Sick animals are no fun. It sounds like you are feeling better--or pretending to. Tragic about your friend in the fire.
Go run your horse it will make you feel better.
Kylee went to a game show last sunday and did OK. she is riding her mother's horse. So they have to learn to work together. this coming up week=end is a penning in Monroe and Shannon (KYlee mom) is involved in that. Maybe Kylee will ride her horse, Sadie--She is cow savvy. I'll Let you know. MB

Renie Burghardt said...

So sad about the woman you ran barrels with. Hope your goats are feeling better. Our temperatures in the Ozarks have been wonderful. Cooler nights, pleasant days. Perfect for outdoor activities.

Blessings for a happy week.

Renie