Friday, April 4, 2008

These past couple of weeks I didn't know whether to wind my tail or scratch my watch. lol Last Friday night was our PCA rodeo here in my home town. I entered up in the barrel racing and my neice Sam entered up too. I honestly don't know which one of us was more nervous her or me. As my time came up to run, Sam looked at me and said Aunie rode her like you stoled her. As I went in the first barrel is always me best. As I rounded the first barrel I just prayed I would leave the second one standing. I dropped my hand and spurred her toward the third. The third is always my test as we rounded the third I knew it would stand so I started spurring and popping with my quirt. We ended up with a time of 14.7 which was good but could have been better. Then it was Sam's time to run. I could tell she ws scared so I told her to ride her mare and beat my time. I ran inside to watch as she rounded the first barrel, I knew the race was on. That little hussy turned the heat on as she came out I ran outside to meet her. She got her mare stopped and just jumped into my arms a crying. I asked her why she was crying and she said cause she outran me. I laughed and told her not to cry for Aunie was not mad but very proud of her. She then looked up at me with those big ole tears running down and said when and where was the next rodeo. I believe I have created another rodeo monster. Tomorrow night will find Sam, Brian and me riding at the rodeo in Houston. Looks like Aunie is going have to put her game face on for Sam is out to get me.

3 comments:

Kim Campbell said...

How long you gonna be in Houston?!?!?!

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
I'm so glad yall had a good ride in your hometown last weekend. I'm not going to say this to be mean, but "CONGRATULATION'S" to the both of you and to Sam for beating Auntie. LOL. I wish yall much luck this weekend in Houston in your riding. I bet Sam is all excited about this coming weekend. You are just going to show Sam that Auntie can WIN!!!! When you have time, stop by. I have some things for you on my post today. It has finally stopped raining here. But more rain is back in the forecast for Tuesday thru Friday again. My DH said the mighty Mississippi River is really up and I seen on the news one day last week where the boats were just barely making clearance under the bridges. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Tina Leavy said...

aww that is so neat! but..you can't have her beating Auntie every time..ha.