Wednesday, September 17, 2008

the final product......


As I last posted, I have been neck deep in making soap. I didn't really know how to package the soap so, being the cheap tail that I am, I took craft paper, hot glued it around the soap, and then stamped them with some little goats stamps that I had. I took a big order over to a store today here in town and they said they would love to sell them in their store. YIIPPEE!!!!! Now, let's just keep our fingers crossed that they sell. I have a few other stores that I'm going to tomorrow to talk to. Again, going to keep my fingers crossed on that too. I recieved my issue of Farm and Ranch yesterday and guess who is in there. My ex-sister-in-law. she wrote an article about her kids and their riding. She has 5 girls and one little boy and expecting , gulp, yup, number 7 this coming spring. Even after the divorce we have remained good friends. She homeschools her kids and believe me, they are great kids. Just wanted to pass that info along and thought maybe ya'll would pick up the Nov issue and read about them.

4 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Laura,

I hope your soap sells like hot cakes! A friend around here makes a soap called "Goats and Baby Oats, Milk and Honey," and sells it at a Flea Market and does very well with it. I love it and buy it all the time. I love the packaging of your soap. Very creative.

Have a blessed weekend!

Hugs,

Renie

Unknown said...

You should send a bar to Oprah, anything she endorses turns to gold!

Aunt Jenny said...

How exciting about your soap. I sold some of my soap when I lived in Calif..and havn't got around to it here yet. I do have a little church group coming for soapmaking lessons some time in early Oct. though..I need to get a batch made before that so they can take home a sample..I better get on that. I love the way you packaged yours!

Beemoosie said...

Hello dear!!! Hope all is well!! Wish I was down there to buy up some of your soap!! I love your packaging!

Bonnie