Tuesday, September 25, 2007

These couple of days have been full ones for me. I have had this sheet with everything wrote down that needed to be done before I left. Do you think one thing has been marked off? Nope!!!! Yesterday found me, Kyle, David, Nathan, Tessa, and Lamar working on the little goat Jeri-Curl. Lady, the toggenburg, has head butted Jeri-Curl in the leg and broke it. We done our best trying to fix it. We have it splinted with popscicle stick and vet wrap. She is getting around on it okay. Not once did the lil one hollar or anything. I have been giving her 2 1/2 ccs of childrens motrin for the pain. It is broke in two different places. I'm afraid that it will never be right with the leg. She is a pigmy so really, all she was going to be was a pet. She will walk from now dragging that back leg. She acts like it doens't bother her. Usually they will let you know when they are in pain but not Jeri-curl. She just goes right on with her business. Today found Kyle, David, Tessa, and me in the hay field. We had Tessa driving, David and Kyle throwing hay up on the trailer with me stacking. OH, Kyle went to pick up one bale and there was this awful smell , Daddy had done ran over a chicken and baled it up in the hay bale. lol Afterward found us back at the house picking out splinters from our hands( even with gloves on, those little stickers still find a way into your hands), we worked the ponies, I did get some clothes hung out(still no dryer), Kyle cut David's hair, and now with all us having baths, the day is gone. I still have to clean out my car( wish me luck) start getting our clothes together, packing up, getting some snacks together, so we can head out early Thursday morning. I wonder if Jon Brandon is counting down the hours and minutes like I am? Is he as anxious to see me as I am him? Has he missed us like we have? Will I even be able to pick him out when we get there? Am I going to cry when I do see him? YOu betcha I am!!!!!!! So , I leave early Thursday morning for an 8 hour drive to Fort Knox will stay until Sunday afternoon then drive back. Will have plenty of pictures to post of my solider boy(ahhhh..... solider man) I want to personally thank each and everyone of you who have sent letters and cards to him, and for everyone of your prayers . I and Jon Brandon couldn't have made it this far without friends like you. Just say a prayer for us as we travel back and forth. OH, If by some chance you are on I65 and see a bronze color malibu with a tag that reads two lmz, and it is hauling butt wide open, just get out of my way, PLEASE!!!! Not slacking for anything till I get to Fort Knox. I hope each and every one of you has a blessed week and weekend. See you Monday.

4 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

aww so sorry to hear about jeri curl. hope the leg heals o.k..
oh, I am wishing for you an absolutely lovely time with J.B. safe travels girl!
hugs and a good weekend to ya.

JANET said...

Hope that leg heals just fine, and don't be driving too fast now!

Day4plus said...

We will all stay out of your way as you roar down the hiway. Have a great time with your son and don't try to sneak him back home. I checked your blog last night and nothing was on it and now I see all the pictures of the winning ponies and the fun you have been having and the sugar highs. Your blog must have been floating out in cyber space and couldn't find my computer. haha. Good luck with everything. We had a pony once with a broken leg and it healed crooked but would let the little ones ride her and would follow me anywhere. My youngest even gamed here but if the weight got too heavy boy she would throw them off. Be safe, MB

Tracey said...

Hugs to you and JB, Laura. Hope you have a wonderful visit and you know I'll be praying for you both.

Hope Jeri Curl is healing!