Sunday, November 4, 2007

Last Saturday was our last pony pulling until March. I drove the team on the first hook then after the boys hollered at me, I told them to drive them. Oh, they weren't trying to upset me or anything, they just were hollering to embarrass me. We went out on 400%. Which is good. Our team's weight is right where it needs to be, one weighing in a 226 and the other at 227. So, add that together and then multiply that by 400% and that is the weight that we went out on. The winning percent was 425. We hung in there and I was proud of the boys and the ponies. After the pony pulling, the kids had a costume party here at the house. Had a good time and had some real good laughs. The week has found me riding on the days that I could then, in the house trying to catch up on house work and making things to take to our Homemaker's Open House. This is where you make handcarfted things and then sell them. We do this once a year. Me and one of my sisters are setting up a table. I will offer my soap, rag rugs, pillows, and salt dough ornaments. I also made a few cinnamon ornaments from the recipe that I got from a friend of mine's blog. Thanks, Patty. www.morningramble.com Yesterday David went to the annual ST.Jude Trail ride and rode the 3 year old paint. Said that she done real good on the ride. Emily had to be in Jackson for the state competition in cross country. Here she is only in the 8th grade and she knocked a high schooler out and was able to run with the big girls. She called me last night and told me that they won the meet. I'm so proud of her. The only place I run to is from the couch to the kitchen, and then to bed. I know, I'm out of shape and I really need to do some kind of excerise. 11 more days till JB comes home.

3 comments:

Day4plus said...

Good for you guys---the ponies specially. They're doing all the work. haha Not much going on out here. Kylee had a barell race yesterday on Shi Bui, her mother's horse, and did ok. Kylee doesn't really like this horse but needs a ride--so what do you do? They leased out Jewel and got a 2 yr old for Kylee to work with, her name is Splash. And of all things she is a paint and marked just like Ambush. It really is weird to look out in the pasture and see a replica of Ambush. Eerie. Take care, MB

Kim Campbell said...

YAY! Is Jb gonna be home for good or just a visit? I am so excited for you!!!

Tina Leavy said...

glad the pony pulling went well. hope you and your sis do well at the craft show.
hugs,
Tina