Wednesday, November 14, 2007

AND NOW THERE IS ONE.....

Here we are at one day to go. Still waiting to hear from JB as when his flight leaves and what time he will be arriving. We have our posters ready and video camera ready. Why, oh, why is the waiting hard and nail bitting? I wonder if he feels the same? Yesterday was cloudy but warm, we ended up working Trigger in the round pen. Our plans for today was to ride him but the weather has put an end of that. Woke up this morning with very cloudy skies, the weather too warm and a threat of severe storms. So far, we have only had sprinkles. Last night had a house full, there was Boo, me, David, Tessa, Kasey, Toby(nephew), Kyle and Brian . Everyone but me played a card game of 31. I'm not really into playing cards so, I worked on a few projects. Tessa(step-daughter) is an art teacher and she came over and made cupcakes for her students. Okay, I only ate two of them. Plus, licked the bowl some. Just don't tell her , ok? The family is planning a huge trail ride this weekend. I hope that JB is up for some good ole redneck fun. I'm thinking about just riding in the wagon with my Dad. You can have more fun in the wagon, listen to the radio, yes, Tracey, we have a radio with a cd player in the wagon, watch everyone else cowboy up and just sit back and enjoy the view. But then again, if you are riding, you can jump ditches, race between power lines, watch everyone else cowboy up and you can even experience the thrill of having to cowboy up. When one horse acts up, usually, the other horses will too. After the ride , we will come back to Mother's house and cook out. Then just sit outside and talk about the things that cowboys and cowgirls talk. Oh, you know, the kind of stuff like, "well, I remember this ole mare I had, boy, now that was some mare, etc..." It's funny listening to their stories. There will be some pranks pulled and alot of laughing but mainly, just being together. So, if you around this part of the country and want to part take of some good ole redneck fun, just look us up. If you get lost in this little one horse town, don't worry, everyone is kin to everyone and they will direct to where you need to go. Just go down to Dot Kidd's ole store and hang a left, then go up to Ms. Brown's ole place and take a right, then go about 4 miles, look for the huge oak tree on the side and turn left.

3 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Laura,
I had posted earlier on yesterday's blog. I guess I visit too early of the mornings when everyone is still asleep. LOL. Oh, I know you are so excited. You probably won't be able to sleep tonight. But try to get a nap at least so you can be all rested up for tomorrow. I don't know why either, the waiting is the hardest thing to do. And, it seems like time wants to stand still when we are waiting on something especially something like you are fixing to experience. Any other day, time would just fly by. We got some rain here this afternoon before 3:00p.m. The wind got up and it rained some but thankfully, nothing severe. There were a few thunderstorm warning out around us, but it missed us. Earlier before I had to go get the kids after school it was 73 degrees here. It has now dropped to 55 degrees here at 4:25p.m. Sounds like yall are going to have a good time this weekend. I've never been on a trail ride or anything like that, but it sure sounds fun. I've actually only been on a horse a time or two and it wasn't for very long. I was scared. LOL. Now, I wouldn't mind riding in the wagon. You talk about redneck, now that is right up my alley here. LOL. I'm a pure bread southern gal. I hope yall have a safe trip tomorrow and have a great time this weekend. Take care my friend and God Bless and Be With You and Your family on this exciting special occasion.

Hugs,
Karen H.

P.S. Is that a picture of your hosue on your blog here? If it is, it sure is beautiful.

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Laura,
Okay, Okay, Okay, I can't wait anymore. LOL. Has your son made it home yet? I am curious to know here. LOL. It got colder here late yesterday afternoon. The temperature dropped a good 20 degrees within 30 minutes. It's suppose to get down to 32 here tonight. I had the air-conditioner on yesterday and had to turn the heat on last night. I hope yall have a good time on the Trail Ride this weekend. It sure sounds fun. Hubby had to leave out this morning over the road and won't be home until tomorrow night or Saturday morning. Well, take care my friend and be sure to let me know and take pictures when you can. Enjoy your time with your son and family and God Bless Each and Everyone of You.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Tina Leavy said...

hey there, are you sure those directions aren't more like.."well you go on up the road a piece, hang a left right chere' where that there big ole oak tree hangs over the road there, and then it's about spitting distance on down the bumpy road"...ha.just joking..but yep..I bet you all have loads of fun laughing and chatting.And it is so nice that you live in an area where everyone knows everyone else.
Hope you have a good weekend.
~Tina