Friday, November 9, 2007

The Homemakers Open House went well. I sold out of my soap and my cakes in jars, which, we call 'cow patties'. The open house was suppose to be opened from 8 till 5 but at 3 everyone started packing up. I believe that they would have a much larger crowd if they would have it on a Saturday morning instead of middle of the week. Who has any money come Wednesday? The working people doesn't get paid till Friday and then they do their shopping on Friday afternoon or Saturday mornings. Last night found me at the ag center riding and getting ready for the barrel race this Saturday. I carried Dass and the new paint, Molly. I honestly believe that Molly is going to be okay. I had David riding her and just walking and trotting her around the barrels. I will not run a horse on barrels until they are at least 5. She acted like she knew what a barrel was. The only problem I see is she has no get-up a go. I'm going have to really spur her to get some speed from her. Then again, I know that speed will come oneday. My neice and her dad came up there and rode with me. She,Sam, has a new horse and wanted to try him out before the race. He is beautiful, spunky but beautiful. Sam ended up running her Aunie's mare, Dass. Then the little snot came over to me, and looked up at me with those big eyes, yup, she has me, and said "Aunie, would you let me run Dass in youth? Please, I promise I won't get hurt, and I promise, pinky promise, I'M GOING TO HAVE A FASTER TIME THAN YOU!!" I can not understand where she gets all this sass from. Okay, she is part of her Aunie. I honestly believe the child demon should have been mine. I ended up running her dad's mare. OH MY GOSH!!! What a power house. I am not kidding, coming off the barrels, I was either riding between her ears or sitting on her rump. I had goose bumps before the ride was through. I was shaking and couldn't even talk not that I was scared but just to have something that powerful underneath me was world shaking. I told Chris( Sam's Dad) that I couldn't stay in the saddle, I must not have enough lead in my tail. I'm going to work on riding the power house and run her at the next rodeo with Sam riding her new horse. We did Tessa on the horse, not to run barrels , but just to walk around the arena. So, Tessa, What about them Cowgirls? (Tessa is my step-daughter) I have alot of things on my agenda to do for the day and sitting here is not going to get them done. Just 6 more days and our soldier boy comes home. Just 6 more days................................

4 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Laura,

Sounds like you did well at the Homemakers Open House. And it sounds like you had a great time with the horse, lol. I have a granddaughter that loves spunky horses the best. Me, I like them old and slow. Haha.

Have a great Barrel race, tomorrow, and the counting days are fewer and fewer.

Blessings,

Renie

Beemoosie said...

Wish I could see you ride! Hey do you sell your soap on-line?

Day4plus said...

6 more days--YEHAW!!
Sounds like you are busy riding whenever and whatever.
Kylee has a race tomorrow and will be riding her mother's horse.
She has been working with the new horse Splash and I think she poste some pics on her blog.
I'll have to try your 'cow pies'.

Tina Leavy said...

glad you did well at the sale.
the horse sounds nice, but fast.
cowpies, oh gracious sakes LOL just don't let the boys get ahold of them and start tossing them at each other. LOL
have a good week.