Friday, November 16, 2007

HE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was the longest day of my life.lol Jb called at 11 and told us what is flight was. He would be in Tupelo at 10 pm. We was able to get the banner put up outside and hang the balloons, get our posters ready to take with us and then at 6pm it seemed like time hung still. The only ones that went to the airport was me, Boo, my sister Teisha, Abbye, and Mom. One of the family's good friend works at the airport so I called her and told her that JB was comin in on the flight. So, at 9 pm we loaded up and headed out with me leading. Mom was following in her car and guess what, yup, grannie got stopped for speeding. He really clocked me but got Mom instead. My Mom has never drove over 50 and that was on the interstate.lol She didn't get a ticket just a warning. We had a good laugh about that. Jennifer, the one who works at the airport, came and told me to come here and told me she wanted to show me something. So, I went outside and she pointed to this blinking thing in the sky and told me that was JB and he was 15 minutes out. So, I stood outside and watched my child blink in the sky. I watched him come in and land. Where I was standing , the airplane was brought right up to the fence and by then I was crying. Everyone was hollering when he stepped off the plane. Then we turned and ran inside and was ready with our posters and video camera when he came through the doors. Everyone there was clapping and they stood back for him to be the first one through. Guess what he did? Yup, he bypassed me for that little red-headed girl. Oh, it's okay, he did come to me next. We got back home at 11 and then I finally made it home at mid-night. I believe I slept better than I ever had in a long time for this Mother hen finally had all her baby chicks at home in her lil nest. Will post pictures tomorrow.

6 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! WELCOME HOME JB!!!! I am so glad he made it home safely. I got chills reading your post how you got to see him in the sky 15 minutes out. I bet that was really something to watch. I am just so happy for you Laura. I know you are just beside yourself. I can't say that I blame you either. How long is he going to be home? I hate that your Mom got stopped, but it is funny how you said Granny never goes over 50. LOL. Well take care my friend and have a great Friday. May God Bless You All. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures tomorrow.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Renie Burghardt said...

Dear Little Mother Hen,

I'm so happy for you! What a thrill to first watch him blinking in the sky, and then finally on the ground, being embraced by his loving family. Woo Hoo!

This old mother hen will get her turn in a couple of days. Can't wait.

And I can't wait to see your pictures posted. Have a wonderful weekend, with all your loved ones safe in the nest.

God bless you all!

Renie

Day4plus said...

YAY!!! I am so glad your boy is home. It must be so exciting.
Laura, thank you so much for thinking about me and my family when you had so much on your mind too. MB

Kim Campbell said...

Yippee!!! Enjoy your time, soak it up like a sponge and then tell us all about it!
XOXOXO

JANET said...

Hurray! Instead of "Over the river and through the wood," at Thanksgiving, nowadays it's "Over the river and through the air," or "Over the ramps and through traffic!"
Glad he is home. BTW, I want those instructions for a lightbulb cow ornament! I noticed your comment over at Garden Goose.

Tina Leavy said...

what a great day for you! yippee! I hope ya'll have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
So glad you are getting to spend time with JB.