Saturday, November 17, 2007

WHERE OH WHERE HAS MY LITTLE BOY GONE....

I can't help but ask myself " where is my little boy?". JB isn't the same now. He has went and grown up on me. Where has my cowboy gone , the one that would help me pull a joke on someone, the one who was always the life of a party, the one who didn't give a hoot if the sun rose or set, the one who , well, the one who was my friend? He left me. Now in his place , I am left with a grown man, who has accepted responsibilty, who no longers care to ride those bulls , one who no longers to care for child-like pranks, one who is preparing for a future with his lovely little red-head, (who by the way, I love) one who thinks he may be Uncle Sam's now but will always be me little jar of jam, one who is very serious about everything!!! One who actually can't stand clutter, wants everything put up in its place, and now no longer is it Mama but Mother. This man has invaded my son's body. He has the same look but his voice, well, it is of a more mature young man. I find myself looking into his eyes trying to catch a glimpse of my little boy. Why do kids have to grow up.? Does this mean that I even have to grow up too? Naw, thing I will stay just like I am. Heck, it took me 40 years to get this far and I'm not about to leave this train, I'm going to ride it out. I'm proud of what and who JB has become, very proud!!!!! I'm proud of all my kids don't get me wrong. It's just hard watching your little chicks grow up.

12 comments:

ancient one said...

Such a TRUE post!! Searching those eyes for your little boy. He's still there. You'll glimpse him every once in a while. But you will love that man just as much as that little boy!!

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Laura,

I came by to check if you got some pictures posted yet, and find instead a Mama Hen's lament! Ah, yes, why do they grow up? And if they have to, why so fast? LOL.

I'm so happy for you, proud Mama Hen. What a happy Thanksgiving it will be at your house.

Blessings to you and yours,

Renie

Tina Leavy said...

so very true.
mine haven't flown the nest yet, and truth be told I dread the day when they start to. But the good thing is..we teach them well, and trust that God will ever keep them safe, and that hopefully they'll remember quite a bit about the good things we mamas have taught them..
hope you are having a good weekend.
hugs,
Tina

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Laura,
I do hope this finds everyone doing great. I've commented on your other posts and haven't heard from you. I woke up this morning with a sinus headache. It is starting to feel some better. I sure hope it's gone before Wednesday. I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year. My parents and sister are coming up to eat with us. I'll probably post my menu later on this week. Sounds like you all have been having a good time. My kids got home from Mississippi last night a little after 7:00p.m. They were really tired especially my oldest daughter. She was in bed before 8:30p.m. It was around 10:00p.m. when my youngest went to bed. She had to spend some time with her daddy. They do grow up fast. I dread the day when mine are grown. Well, take care my friend and have a great week. I do hope to hear from you again. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Whitney said...

Yeah, he is still there, but you may have to look a little harder right now, since he just went through all that training.

Day4plus said...

I think we notice it more in the ones that go and then return different. The ones that stay we are right there with the changes and so don't notice so much. But he is there and you will really notice when he pulls a silly prank on you and you will say "yippee!, he's back" and the responsible young man will return and you will just wonder. My husband could not get over the fact that his little girls grew up and flew away. I even think he was angry for awhile but finally accepted it and they became his bestest girls again, as JB will always be your boy. MB

Tracey said...

Oh, Laura...how bittersweet. It's what we raise them for, though, isn't it? To become men? But somewhere deep down inside we really just want those chubby fingered little boys who held our hands and skipped to the park or helped us clean the barn with their little plastic wheelbarrows...

Renie Burghardt said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Laura!

My family is on the plane right now. They will arrive this afternoon. I am so happy!

God bless you, and thank you for the always encouraging and lovely comments.

Hugs,

Renie

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
I hope everything is okay with you. I wanted to come by and wish you and yours a "HAPPY THANKSGIVING". My parents and sister are coming to our house and eat with us this year. I am cooking but they will bring a few smaller things. I do hope to hear from you soon. I have missed you. Hope you are enjoying your time with your son. Take care my friend and have a great Wednesday. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Again Laura,
It's another day though. I just wanted to come by and wish you and yours a "HAPPY THANKSGIVING". If you have time, stop by. I have something for all my blogging friends. I'm out visiting a bit this morning before I have to start my cooking for tomorrow. Take care my friend and may God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

david mcmahon said...

You're so, so right. I'm an Australian dad of three and I could not agree with you more!

Little boys do live on, in big boys. We're all just kids at heart!

JANET said...

Yep, they do grow up! Mine have too!