Saturday, November 24, 2007

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and survived 'Black Friday' . We had a very good time and fellowship over at my parents. It was such a blessing to have all the kids there sharing this day with us. JB and Abbye left early in the afternoon to go and eat with her Mom. I guess I'm just going have to get use to him having another 'family' to share holidays with. No, I don't mind. Abbye's Mom has had some health issues earlier this year and I know that we are thankful that things turned out so good for her and God took care of her and with the help of God and doctors that her health has returned. I did get up Friday morning and along with some of my family members we hit Wal-Mart at 4:30 that morning. I did get what I went for and everyone else got what was on their list too. I came back home but the rest of them went on to Tupelo shopping. I ended up cleaning house then after Boo got off work, him, me, Emily, Tessa, and Brian ate supper with Kasey and his roommate Christopher. They had 'drunk' chicken with Tessa making garlic mashed potatos, mac-n-cheese, rice and garlic bread. It was very good and I enjoyed the time we spent with them. As we all know, it is really nice not having to cook or clean up. Well, I did help clean up the kitchen . It has turned cold here and I find myself wishing for summer. The winter makes one think twice about living on a farm. With having to deal with muck, mud, water troughs freezing, putting on several layers of clothes that takes 30 minutes to put on just for about 15 minutes of feeding time, yes, one thinks about farm life. You all know that I wouldn't take nothing for it even if I have to deal with a little cold weather every once in awhile. This morning, Emily has gone hunting with the boys. Yikes, what have I done sending my child, the BABY, into the woods. I would really love to see her bag one for the child loves vension meat and for a long time now she has been wanting to bag her own. I do know the girl can shoot, she uses a right handed gun but shoots left handed. I call her 'dead-eye Em'. I have alot to do today, I plan of making some more gifts and making glass candy. Plus, I have a lot of washing to do. Oh, I do have pictures but have not took the film to be developed yet, I hope I do get a new camera for Christmas. I did get my Christmas present the other night. It is something I have wanted for nearly 4 years and it is something I needed!!!! It is something that Tracey over at http://www. capentercreek.com has been wanting for awhile too. Think I will turn this into a little giveway, here is the thing, the first person who guesses will recieve these goodies: a handmade tea towel, a handmade ornament, some glass candy, some goat milk soap, another hamdmade ornament and a pair of handmade earrings. Anyone interested?

7 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
It is so good that you posted. You know I check your blog everyday. But I understand the part about being busy and all and wanting to spend your every moment with your family especially JB. Oh yes my friend, isn't it just great when we don't have to cook? LOL. I so enjoy when we get to go out to eat once in a great while. It just feels so good having someone to wait on me for a change. LOL. I'm glad yall had a great Thanksgiving as well. We did also. My parents and sister came up and ate with us. I did most of the cooking. They brought a couple of side dishes. We are planning on having Christmas at house this year with my parents on Christmas Eve. I am still in the progress of decorating. YES, please put my name in the pot for the giveaway. I love the giveaways. LOL. Now my guess for what you have been needing is ummmm: A NEW VEHICLE. There is my guess. It is cold here this morning also. It is 34 degrees with a windchill of 28 degrees. The radar was showing some snow falling earlier. When I took hubby to his truck around 5:40a.m. it wasn't doing anything here. JUST COLD!!!! It is suppose to start raining later on and rain all day tomorrow. Hubby is on his way to Greenville, MS this morning to pick up a load and he will be back home tonight. He will have to leave out tomorrow afternoon taking that load to Missouri. Well, take care my friend and have a great Saturday. May God Bless You and Yours. Our oldest daughter(age 11) has been wanting to go deer hunting also. My hubby doesn't hunt. She has 4 cousins that are boys and their dad's takes them hunting. That is why she is wanting to go. She is a tomboy. LOL. Hubby said she is not going hunting. Now he has taken them fishing before when they were smaller and they loved that. I wouldn't send mine out in the deer woods for anything. But, that's just me. Take care.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Renie Burghardt said...

Dear Laura,

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones. I did as well, and am still enjoying my family until Monday.

Just stopped over for a quick visit, and to see if you posted pictures yet. I will be back to see those when you do post them.

Not sure about my guess here, but maybe some nice, wine goblets? Lol or a nice bottle of champagne? Lol.

Oops, that's two guesses.

Have a wonderful day!

Blessings,

Renie

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Karen, so good to hear from you. Glad that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving with your family. Have tried this morning to leave a comment but my computer wouldn't let me. Think its the operator.lol Great guess! Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Laura

Ms. Renie, Hope you and yours had a wonderful time and your birthday was everything you wished for. I know it was with your family there. HMMM...wine goblets, champagne sounds very nice. Nothing is better than coming in, having a nice glass of wine and a nice book to read. think I might just do that one afternoon. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Laura

Kim Campbell said...

Was it a digital camera?

Tina Leavy said...

hey girlfriend..we gals got lucky..not having to cook..ha.:0)
ooh,glad you got one of your needed gifts already. hmm..I think its a new saddle for your horse.
I hope Emily gets a deer.
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
hugs to ya,
Tina

david mcmahon said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I see you have some difficulty embedding `live links' in a blogpost - I can show you a very easy way to do 'em.

Cheers from Australia ....

ancient one said...

Glad your Thanksgiving was good! I hope that girl gets a deer!! I have no idea what to guess. A new truck? Just wanted to stop in to see how you're doing.