Thursday, December 6, 2007

AM I LUCKY OR AM I LUCKY?

I have people to tell or even comment on my lifestyle. Nothing bad just that sometimes they just wish they could do what I do or even live my life for one day.(seriously, had a woman tell me that not too long ago). Ok, you want to swap for a day. Here is what you need to do, get up before the rooster even thinks about crowing. Make some coffee, sit down for a few minutes , try to rub the sleep out of your eyes. Cook breakfast maybe throw a load of clothes in the washer or dryer. Then its out to the barn. The feed is mixed in seperate buckets for each animal. Feed the 4 big horses first, then feed the ponies. Now it's time to feed the meat goats and put out hay. Okay back into the feed room. Set your buckets aside and grab the other two. Now go feed the milk goats. Good thing I have dried them off or you would have to milk them. Now run in the house and grab you a quick shower. What!? You think you have time to do your hair and make-up? No way. You better just brush your teeth and throw some clothes on. Now you need to fix your and David's lunch to take to work. Okay grab your purse and lunch and get out the door. While driving to work call Emily and make sure that she is up and getting ready for school. Okay time to come home and start on some housework. Start supper and then run out to the barn and start feeding all over again. Make sure you fix up feed for in the morning. Seriously, I am lucky. I sometimes have to stop and thank my lucky stars for having a wonderful family and life that I actually love. I love doing this wether it is rodeoing or fooling with the animals. Yes, I am lucky. Now, my pocket book doesn't seem so lucky.

5 comments:

Ms. Anne said...

You iz lucky. And so am I. We do not have quite as many large animals, not having the land to support them. I wouldn't trade this country life for anything.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
Well, let me say that I admire you for being the woman you are. Sounds like you always have a full deck on your plate each day. You do a wonderful job at being a Wife and Mother. I love the picture of you and your niece on the post below this one. I love the Black Hat Story. It is a miracle that Black Hat made it thru that Tornado. I'm glad it did. I know it has a special place in your heart now. I got your email and I will do what I can to find out and get some information for you next week. I'll go up to City Hall and check into all of it for you. It sure was a cold day here yesterday. The high only got up to like 34 degrees. It is 37 degrees as I'm typing this. I didn't post yesterday. I was feeling down in the dumps for some reason. I'm feeling a bit better this morning. Well, take care and have a great Friday. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Day4plus said...

Ain't it the truth!!! Well said. MB

JANET said...

Before sunup til after sundown...the life of a farmer! That was really interesting to read.

Renie Burghardt said...

Laura,

You are one lucky lady!

Ya know, I feel the same way about my life in the country and wouldn't trade it for the world.

I enjoyed your Lucky testimony.

Blessings,

Renie