Monday, December 31, 2007

Today is the last day of 2007. As I look back, I see alot of things that I did get done and some that were put on the back burner till a later time. Well, that later time has come. These will be the first things to get done for 2008. Did any of you watch RFD-TV this Saturday? My cousin, Ginger who rides with the Cowgirl Chicks was on there doing her trick riding. The Cowgirl Chicks will be riding in the Rose Bowl Parade on New Years Day. If you get a chance check out their webpage.www.cowgirlchicks.com . Also Saturday afternoon, Brian went hunting and he had just gotten up in the deer stand when he called and said he was sick and wanted the boys to come get him. They got him home and I put him to bed. He was throwing up, running some fever and hurting. Just knew that he had the flu. As time went on, he kept getting worse. The pain was intense. So at 9 that night, we ended up heading to the er. They drew blood and done a cat scan and the test results showed that he has a kidney stone. We made it home about 3 the next morning. They said that if he would drink alot of liquids that he should be able to pass the stone. It is a small one. He slept all day yesterday and all night. I couldn't get him up to eat supper. He needed the rest for he was one sick lil man. When he woke up this morning he was back to his normal self. Today will find me washing clothes, cleaning house, cleaning the barn, cleaning out the trailer for tomorrow I have a barrel race which has $1000.00 added money, cooking black-eye peas, hog jowl, fried cabbage for tomorrow. Gotta have those for the peas means health and luck for the coming year along with the hog jowl and the cabbage means you will have green(money) in your pocket for the year. The way this past year has been, I need to eat a huge helping.lol Hope the coming year will continue to bless you and yours and it will be everything that you wish for.

11 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
I don't get that channel here. I will try to watch the Parade tho. I'm sorry that Brian got sick and had to go to the ER. I am glad they found out what was wrong with him tho. I remember when I was pregnant with our youngest daughter, I woke up one morning in some severe pain. I was crying and hollering. Since I was pregnant, hubby took me to the ER. They gave me some Antibiotics and some pain meds that I could take while being pregnant. Well, I took one of those pain pills on the way home and went back to sleep for a while. When I woke up, I was in more pain than before. Back to the ER we go. They admitted me this time and come to find out I had a Kidney Stone as well. They put an IV in me with some pain medication. Gotta love that pain medication they give you in the hospital. LOL. Anyway, in the wee hours of the morning, I passed the Kidney Stone. I got to come home later the next day. Yes maam, we got to have our Black-Eyed Peas and homemade Buttermilk Cornbread on New Year's Day. Is that why I never had any money this year? Not eating cabbage on New Year's Day? I did buy me a head of cabbage Saturday when we went grocery shopping. I think I will have to cook it tomorrow as well. Hey, cornbread and cabbage is good by itself too. LOL. "GOOD LUCK" on your Barrel Racing. I do hope you win the $1,000.00 If your like me, it will sure come in handy. Take care my friend and have a great Monday. May God Bless You and Yours. "HAPPY NEW YEAR" to You and Yours from our Family. May 2008 be a great and wonderful year for You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Tina Leavy said...

hey there Laura,
Happy New Year!
hope it brings lots of good things your way.
sorry that Brian got sick, glad he's doing better.
hope you have a great week
hugs, Tina

Whitney said...

Happy New Year Laura. I love the new year as to me is like a freshly fallen snow. Everything is new again and you can make it what you want.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful year.

Patty said...

I am fine with the peas, just not sure about that hog jowl stuff : )

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, Laura, I am sorry that Brian was so sick, and am glad he is much better. I ate some black-eyed peas and collard greens on New Year's Day, for the same reason.LOL. Hope it brings luck, health and money to both of us! Hope the Barrel Race went well!

Many blessings for the New Year to you and yours, Laura.

Take care and be well and happy.

Renie

Tina Leavy said...

you have been tagged. check out my blog for info.

Tina Leavy said...

hey girl..hope you are o.k. haven;t heard from ya in a while. hope all is well.

Tracey said...

Laura, my friend! Seems like forever since I've been to visit, and I'm so sorry about being remiss.

How's our little bull rider holding up these days?

City Boy had a kidney stone a couple years back. No fun (but at least he now knows what labor is all about, eh?)

Day4plus said...

Hi Laura, Happy New Year!!! How did the Barrel race go? Not much going on out here. Sigh! Just got finished watching the Cowgirl Chicks on RFD-TV. Seen it before--but they are good. You take care, MB

JANET said...

Hi Laura. Hope Brian is doing fine now. We don't get RFD-TV, but if we did, that is probably the main channel we would watch!
BTW, we did the black-eyed peas for New Year's too.

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Laura,
I'm just dropping by to see how everyone is doing. I have been offline for a couple of days and have been playing catch up this afternoon and evening. I hope to be able to do a post in the morning tho. Did yall get any bad weather down your way yesterday. It didn't get bad here where we live at, but there was some towns nearby that got hit and had some damage. "PRAISE GOD" for watching over us and protecting us. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours. Hope to hear from you soon.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.