Tuesday, December 4, 2007



Okay here is a picture of Brian that was made at Jackson, TN. He won the bull riding. Talking about gettting some air. This is such a breathtaking sport. All one can do is sit on the sidelines as pray as the shoots open that their little rider will ride for 8 seconds and grab the judges attention to score the best ride. It is a joy when the horn blows and your rider jumps off and waves to his cheering crowd and know that he just gave it his best! This weekend will find us in Ashland, MS. No, I won't be riding, I will be on the sidelines a cheering and praying for my little cowboys! OH, just an update, JB is no longer riding bulls but is helping out behind the shoots. He is also on red alert for right now.

7 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Laura,
Wow, I love that picture. Bullriding is mine and hubby's all time favorite part of the rodeo's. It is indeed breathtaking. I wish yall Good Luck in Ashland this weekend. I hope everything goes well for yall. I hate that JB is on Red Alert. I sure wish that war was all over with and all our Service Men and Women could come home. Wouldn't that be a great Christmas Present? We can only pray for it to end soon. The temperatures are going to be up and down here this week. Then they said by Sunday it might get to about 70. Can you believe this weather? One never knows how to dress from day to day. LOL. I have a friend, Heather, @ Heather's Brain who is having a candle giveaway. I am telling about it on my blog today. You will have to go to her blog and follow the instructions to sign up to win. Well, take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Tina Leavy said...

great photo. hope you have safe travels and fun shouting from the sidelines.
have a good week!

BClark said...

Wow, I admire the courge these guys exhibit. For the life of me I can not think of a situation that would get me on the back of a bull. I have been on a few horses that tried to act that way, but that was my wild and crazy youth. Now, if I am ever able to get another horse, it would have to be a very nice quiet one. Best of luck to you and your loved ones. Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
Just checking on you. Hope all is well.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

JANET said...

Hi Laura, Reading your posts every day makes me realize that your family has true grit! The bull riding is especially grueling to watch, and the first thing I bought for my first baby boy before he was even born was a music box that played, "Mamas, don't let your boys grow up to be cowboys!" They didn't, and I still have the music box. Y'all take care right here before Christmas! And have fun!

Renie Burghardt said...

Awesome picture of Brian! Got to get to a rodeo one of these days and see all the excitement in person. Have a wonderful weekend.

Renie

ancient one said...

Congrats to Brian!!!!