Saturday, December 1, 2007

Congratulations to MB over at www.day4plus.blogspot.com for guessing what my present was. Yup, I got a 14 ft gooseneck Pondersoa trailer. I was and still sooooooo happy. Now I can haul all over 4 horses easy without stacking them into the bumper trailer like sardines. lol You guys really had some good guesses. I do need a new truck, a new saddle, a new digital camera, a new video camera, and a new rope. Well, I don't really need them, I just have added them on my want list. The way I figure it took me four years to get the trailer so maybe in 20 years I will have everything on my want list. Wait, that is going to put me being 60 by the time I get all these, whew, by that time, I may change my mind. Oh well, it doesnt hurt to wish. Last night we had a house full of kids. I made a big stock pot of deer stew and we had 18 people who ate. After supper, everyone gathered around the table and played cards. It has gotten to where every weekend we have a house full. Most people would fuss about having company over every weekend but I don't mind. As long as they are here at my house I know what my kids are into and who they are running around with. We either play cards, or scenic, or watch ole rodeo videos, or we may do karokoe( now, that's what I'm talking about).
Today is going to find me at a NBHA(National Barrel Horse Assoc) show here in Pontotoc, I will leave there and head out to Houston to the rodeo there. Me and my neice Sam are running tonight at the rodeo. It is going to be weird going and not watching JB but he is coming to support his ole Mama! Just keep your fingers crossed that Dass and me have good runs at both events and leave three barrels standing. It would be nice to win money and points but all I ask of my horses is just give me a good ride. This should be interesting for I am changing spurs today. I usually wear bumper spurs but today I am going to my spurs that have a rawl on the end. I'm hoping that with these we will find another gear and a little faster time. Or we could be asking for trouble. Guess I will just have to wait and find out.lol I will be wearing my ole lucky and favorite purple shirt, JB's belt, my ole boots that have seen better days, wranglers, gotta have longjohns on underneath for it is going to be cold tonight and in my pocket I will carry my Grandfathers buckeye. He carried this one around in his pocket for years and now I have it. I keep it in my right pocket . I always have prayer with Dass and then rub my buckeye and kiss it before I run. Then when my name is called, I run my fingers over it in my pocket and going through the gate I always holler ," Hang on Daddy Jack". I sure wish that my Grandfather was still here today but I know that he is here with me and watching over me. That man could really ride the hairs off of a horse. This man was my world. My dad drove a truck when I was growing up and he was gone alot. My Grandfather was the one who stepped up and was there in my Dad's place. Don't get wrong, I love my Dad with all my heart and still think that he hung the moon( hey, isn't that what all little girls thinks) but I'm sooo thankful that I had such a loving and caring Grandfather that would be there when my Dad couldn't. I can see so much of my Grandfather in my Dad now. His hands are just like Daddy Jacks. The way he gets around, the way he talks, his actions everything is just like my Grandfather's. My Dad is even doing things with my kids. There is just something about Grandparents and grandkids. It's a special bond and I am so lucky to have had a Grandfather and Grandmother like I did. I can't wait till I have Grandkids so I can love them and spoil them like mine did me.

6 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
Congratulations to MB for winning. I was kinda close, but just didn't put the pieces together real good. LOL. I wish you much luck tonight in Ponotoc and in Houston. I pray for saftey as well. Sure wish I could see you barrel race. Maybe one of these days I will be able too. Yall ought to come up here on the 4th of July and compete in the Rodeo we have. If you think you might be interested, let me know and I can find out all the details and pass them on to you. I know what you mean about your dad not being around. It is so hard when they are truck drivers. My hubby feels the same way. He just hates being out there and away from the girls. He has missed out on alot of things they do. But, when he is at home, he goes to their games and stuff like that. Well, take care my friend and have a great weekend. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Renie Burghardt said...

Laura,

I hope you did great at the Barrel Race today! Well, I'm sure you did anyway, with all those good luck things on you, how could you miss? The rodeo sounds so exciting, too.

It's nice to read about your fond memories of your Grandfather.

Congratulations to MB for guessing correctly.

Can't wait to read all about your race. Fingers crossed for you.

Take care and God bless!

Renie

JANET said...

Whew! I was way, way off! A trailer! Fantastic!

Beemoosie said...

Yay MB! and yay to you for getting that horse trailer!!! I wish I could see you race too! Sounds like a blast!
It's good to have such good memories of your family, and carry on their loving ways!
Have a great weekend!
B

Day4plus said...

Well it was a good guess but you hinted pretty loudly. haha.
I didn't have any Grandfather around me but I did have a Grandmother who taught me, sorta, how to be a lady even though I thought I was a boy. Good luck at the rodeo. MB

Tina Leavy said...

hey Laura, congrats on getting a new trailer. now I didn't know it was something "big" ..ha. Lucky girl you. A horse woman can definitely use a good trailer.