Friday, December 7, 2007

WHO ARE ALL THESE KIDS AND WHY ARE THEY CALLING ME 'MOM'

I know some of you are wondering exactly how many kids do Boo and me have. Okay, I have 3 kids of my own, Jon Brandon- 19 who is in the military and the one who use(notice, I said use) to rodeo with me, my little bull rider, David- 18 who only rides on trail rides doesn't care too much for anything wild and Emily- 14 who is into sports and is very talented in those too. Now on to Boo, there is Tessa- 28 who is married to Brian and is a school teacher and a very talented artist. Can draw anything or anyone. Kasey- who is 23 and single and looking for that special girl. I didn't give birth to Tessa and Kasey but the love I have for them is just like my own. Now, that leads us to others. There is Kyle, Micheal, Josh, Brian, Amber, BJ, and Mo. They all call me Mom. These 7 kids have found a special place in my heart. They are here at the house everyday and they just make theirselves at home here. I have always wanted a big family and alot of kids. I treat them just like I do my own. They know that Mom has their backs and their backsides if they mess up. I can be a full house when all 12 are here. And just think we only have 3 bedrooms. One nevers knows how many are going to be here in the morning or where you will find them sleeping. lol It's funny how sometimes God does answers our prayers. I wanted alot of kids and was upset when my health and body failed me at that. But God did hear my prayers and gave me those kids. He didn't answer them right then but waited and then answered. They all are great kids. Instead of going out and getting into trouble, one will find them here sitting around the table playing cards or some other kind of game, or at a barrel race , or rodeo, or even in the kitchen cooking up something to eat, then again, one might find them cleaning the house. They don't mind helping me feed or milk. And they all help me ride or work the ponies. So... who are all these kids and why are they calling me'Mom' why, they are my pride and joy. The ones who nestled their way under my boosom and into my heart. They are my kids and makes my heart sing with joy when one says, ' Mom'..........................................................................

11 comments:

BClark said...

Ya know, God knew what he was doing. I did not have a Leave it to Beaver childhood and it was people like you who gave me some " normal" They listened and loved and did not judge, I remember them still. Thank you for giving all of your brood your love and care.

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Laura,
We should be "THANKFUL" for what GOD does give us. I know how you feel there. In my first marriage, we tried to have kids. I never could get pregnant. So, for the longest time I always assumed that something was wrong with me. After our divorce, and later on in 1994, I met my now hubby. We met in December of 1994 and he asked me to marry him in January and we got married in March. Short term relation ship some said would never make it. Well, this coming March we will be married 13 years. We still act like we are dating. When we go out, he puts his arms around me, gives me a little kiss on the cheeks, and holds my hands. Some might think we are stupid, but hey, maybe they can tell that we are still "IN LOVE" with each other. Anyway, back to where I was going with my story. LOL. I got sidetracked for a moment. I had told my hubby now that I didn't think I could have kids because I never could get pregnant before. Well, lo and behold, I stopped taking my pills one month and 2 weeks later I was pregnant. Yep, I sure was. In April the following year, 1996, we had our first daughter. Hubby told me when I first found out I was pregnant that it wasn't meant for me to have kids with my first hubby and that God wanted me to have kids with him. Twenty-eight months later, we were blessed with our second daughter. I had been wanting kids before and I was wanting it in my time, but after me and hubby got married, I soon learned it was to be in GOD'S time. And it doesn't matter if you didn't have them or did have them, and they are a part of your life, they still are your kids in your heart. I bet it is so nice when you have all the kids there huh? I'm sure there is never a dull moment at your home when they are all there. In other news, LOL, it is a rainy day here. Hubby didn't get to work today because it was too wet. He is off this weekend. I still haven't posted today, as I'm still kind of feeling the blues. Well, take care my friend and have a great Friday and May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Ms. Anne said...

Bless you for being a Mom to these kids. That is truly wonderful and very inspirational.

Day4plus said...

Feel the love, girl, feel the love. I sure miss those days everybody grew up and have their own lives now and I can only say I hope they learned something hanging around here. MB

Day4plus said...

I think I will add here that some of those that were kidlets and hung around our house, were tiptoed around as they slept on the floor, helped out in the barn, worked on their cars (Dave was an auto mechanic) or just ate the cookies I made.....well they showed up at Dave's funeral, hat in hand to show their respect. I thank them all. MB

Tina Leavy said...

hey Laura,
I bet those kids are all more than glad to call you "mom".
Hope you are having a great weekend.

Beemoosie said...

God knows how to answer our prayers just right, doesn't He? What a wonderful mom you are, with a great big heart! Have a great weekend!

JANET said...

This explains all those names and people at your house! You are not only an animal person but a people one as well!

ancient one said...

You are lucky... and a good person... that's why all those kids love you so much.. (and they probably all love horses...LOL)

Renie Burghardt said...

You are a blessing to those kids, as they are to you, Laura!

Beautiful testimony of love.

God bless all of you!

Renie

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
Just coming by to check on you. You haven't posted in a few days. I hope things are going okay for you. I know you are busy with work and family. Just wanted you to know that I have missed you and am thinking about you. It got up to 73 degrees here yesterday. We got some rain overnight and now the temperatures are dropping again. When I first got up it was 53 degrees. It is now 45 degres. They said we might, and might being a big word, see some snow this weekend. I won't believe it till I see it tho. Well, take care my friend and have a great Wednesday. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.