Thursday, December 27, 2007

ONE OF THE REASONE I COUNT MY BLESSINGS TWICE.....


Here he is. My little soldier boy, Jon Brandon. This is one of the many reasons I do count my blessings twice. He was able to be here with me and the rest of the family for not only Thanksgiving but also for Christmas. It's hard for me to accept that he is no longer a boy but a man now. Sometimes I wish I could look into the future and see what it holds for him. Then again do I really want to know. This child of mine will be going and seeing things that if we had the choice we wouldn't go. We would run and hide under our beds. He has taken on such a huge responsibilty that would have grown people running. My heart breaks for the things he will have to go through and my knees are worn out from praying but praying is what has gotten us this far. I stop and thing about the other families out there that has went through this holiday season with their loved one gone and I know that my day is coming. On this Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for young people like my son, JB. To give up their lives to defend this country. All I ask of you for the coming year of 2008 is to continue to remember our soliders and their families and when you see a veteran please tell them 'Thank You'. ( his unit is still on red alert, also alot of the guys that was with him at Fort Knox, is already overseas , so please remember all of the men and women who are there)

7 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Laura,
OH MY GOSH, this is truly a wonderful "THANKFUL THURSDAY" post. I have chills all over me from reading this. "THANK YOU JB FOR SERVING AND DEFENDING OUR COUNTRY"!!!! Let JB know that we all are very proud of him. I have a banner on my sidebar Laura, that says I support our US Troops. If you want one too, let me know. I am keeping mine up till they ALL come HOME. You are more than welcome to have it as well. Yes, we should ALL remember all of our Service Men and Women who are away from their Families, especially right now. "THANK YOU" Laura for sharing your WONDERFUL SON with us on this "THANKFUL THURSDAY". I am almost speechless. I do hope yall had a great Christmas. We did. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

LOVE & HUGS,
Karen H.

Day4plus said...

I sure can see you are so proud of that boy--no, man. As well you should be. He is doing something that he needs to do and you are doing your part by letting him know that you are here for him. We all are proud of him and all the men and women that serve. MB

Beemoosie said...

Thank YOU! That was an incredible post, Laura. I can't imagine what you go through. So glad you were blessed with having him home for the holidays! He and your family will be right up there on my prayer list!
XO,
B

Patty said...

A handsome young man, and oh how fast they grow !

Renie Burghardt said...

What a handsome young man, Laura! I'm so glad he got to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with his family. May God bless him and all our troops!

Blessings,

Renie

ancient one said...

Our prayers will be for J.B. and all your family for a blessed New Year!!

BClark said...

Laura I too am so glad for young men like your JB. Give him hugs and all our love, he is what helps to keep America safe and great. There just are not enough words for me to express how I feel. My best also to you and yours, I know your path is not always stright or free of bumps. The thing is you do not give up, like the pioneers who came before us you keep on, keeping on. Thank you and love and prayers to you and yours. Barbara